Feb 28th, 2017, 7:39am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister
Psychic Paranormal Forums - Anybodythere.netGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceMembers Introductions & Info › why your username?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 51
(Read 97989 times)
bettyspaghetti
Senior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

why your username?
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:50am

why did you pick it?

does it have some significance for you?

mine is from my neighbours little girl, she loves the betty spaghetti dolls and she wants one for christmas so i hear it being shouted all the time!  she is so cute

IP Logged

andypandy
Senior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

west yorks, uk
Re: why your username?
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2007, 2:54pm

Mine is because i've always been known by this name for as long as i can remember...  Cheesy

Loving and protecting my family as best i can...

IP Logged

Tigereyesherri

Spirituality is a state
of mind,mine!!!

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2007, 2:55pm

Hmm nice one Betty spaghetti!!!! ok well mine is simple, i adore Tigers, i have big brown eyes and my name is Sherri, well the shortened version!!!!  lol so there you have it!
Love and inner peace to all
Sherri xx  Smiley

IP Logged

metoo
Supernumerary Fellow

My life is in RUNES
BC Canada
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2007, 7:44pm

What a great thread to start..... nice idea

"numen" simply means "sprit and power within an object", very apt for my passion in life, Rune symbols.

Within our family tree, (paternal grandfather) is the name Numen, though it is spelt differently. This I believe relates to my inherent interest in Rune Interpretation.

Wikipedia says The word numen is also used by sociologists to refer to the idea of magical power residing in an object, particularly when writing about ideas in the western tradition. When used in this sense, numen is nearly synonymous with mana. However, some authors reserve use of mana for ideas about magic from Polynesia and southeast Asia.

Note that etymologically the Latin word numen originally and literally meant "nodding." It has the sense of inherent vitality and presiding, and was also associated with meanings of "command" or "divine majesty."
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 8:16pm by metoo »  

IP Logged

Aurora
Fellow Member

The Netherlands
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2007, 8:32pm

When I moved to Canada I found out that you can see the Northern lights from here, and when we moved to Manitoba I was very excited to see them. They are beautiful... Thats why I choose Aurora....

IP Logged

angelswings
Grande Fellow

I believe in Angels, Don't
you ?
Scotland
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2007, 8:39pm

I chose my name in honor of Emma, she is now an Angel, and hopefully, she has wings too.

Love and Light to you

xxxxx angelswings xxxxx

I am just .................... me !
I will always be just .......me !
I LIKE being just ...........me!
If you don't like ............me
TOUGH !
You are stuck with ........me !

IP Logged

Evie
Global Moderator

"Wherever I go... there
I am"
I am Canadian
Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2007, 8:47pm

I chose to use my real name ... because I didn't Know any better.  Undecided

I joined here a year-ish ago.  I was new to computers and the first search I ever did was for Mary Malone Ireland Psychic. I had been looking for her for twenty years!  I am not kidding. Anybodythere was at the top.  Oh what LUCK!  I was so excited when her lovley face came up and  smiled at me   Smiley  

I didn't hesitate to register. I wondered if she would remember me.   Smiley I never thought about being annoymus... it never occurred to me to have an alias.  I wasn't thinking about doing anything 'wrong' .....  Smiley

IP Logged

Icefly

I Love The Paranormal

scotland
Reply #7 - Dec 14th, 2007, 9:12pm

mine is from a web site that's about fairys, if you type in your first name it comes up with your fairy name.... hence why i have Icefly Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 9:12pm by Icefly »  

"Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly"&&&&

IP Logged

aprildawn
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

calgary, alberta, canada
Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2007, 9:23pm

Mine is my real name -  April Dawn...... how creative of me.....teeheee

IP Logged

marshymallow
Interim Member Level 3

i really like you guys.....quite
alot!!!
portsmouth,uk
Reply #9 - Dec 14th, 2007, 9:42pm

i needed to call myself something to register and i wanted something cute!!!! it was either marshymallow or rubberducky!!! QUACK QUACK!!! being pink and squishy sounded far more appealing than being yellow and rubbery!!!!!! Grin i think i made the right choice!!!!! goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo marshy!!!! love you all marshymallow/emma Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ps better put up my brolly its snowing  Smiley hehe

yes i am as pink and squishy as you are imagining!!!! you can poke me if you like!!!!

IP Logged

janna57
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2007, 12:07am

I'm not very original.  Mine is just a simple form of my name and the year that I was born.  Username is janna57 and my name is Janet, born in 1957.

Actually, I keep it simple because I used to always forget my usernames!!  I cannot store too much info in my brain.  So, I try to keep it easy. Wink

IP Logged

empress penguin
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2007, 4:04pm

Brian gave me the title of Empress Penguin since he was known as The Emperor Penguin. It actually came from the tv show Family Ties.It was an episode of Family Ties, perhaps his all-time favorite TV show next - of course - M*A*S*H. Anyhow, on Family Ties, the TV is on (in the show) and a commercial comes on. A guy dressed as a penguin comes on and says, "What about the proper penguin?" That was the first half of the Brotherhood's code phrase. The answer was, "What about the amoral penguin?"

He loved that so much the name stuck and that Brotherhood code stuck as well between all who were close to him.

When I first met him he said:I am Brian Newbill (a.k.a. Magus Exterminans, Emperor Penguin, and the former Speaker of The High Council.) You may also address me as Magus or Emperor.

Needless to say, he HAD me at Hello:) Smiley

I later became known as His Empress Penguin.

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2007, 4:05pm by empress penguin »  

IP Logged

stillglad2003
Interim Member

Student of many things,
a master of none
Indiana
Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2007, 8:05pm

After I got a divorce, my world was chaos for 2 years with custody battle and a bunch of life trauma all at once. I choose the name stillglad because in spite of the crap I had to go through, I am still glad I divorced him and had the courage to look forward to be happy.
   Another reason is an inside joke between me and hubby. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

KayHoliday
Private

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2007, 9:50pm

I have no idea.

Its sounds good and unique  Smiley

IP Logged

wiccaneyez
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

memphis tn
Reply #14 - Dec 17th, 2007, 7:38pm

I chose wiccaneyez cause for one I am wiccan an the eyez part well I get compliments on my eyes all the time. So I put them both together an I got wiccaneyez seems to match me hehe take care

wiccaneyez aka Diane

YIM  
IP Logged

silentwhispers
Private

Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2007, 4:58am

Pretty self explanatory I think. Silent whisipers are the voices I've heard since I was a child. Wish I had a good story to go along like Stillglad. lol

IP Logged

babygurl
Junior Member Level 3

L0ViN LiFE...

Reply #16 - Dec 18th, 2007, 5:06am

BABYGURL HAS BEEN MY NiCKNAME MY WH0LE LiFE. && THE NUMBERS 41425 WERE JUST S0ME NUMBERS i ALWAYS USED 0N ALL MY USERNAMES && ALWAYS REMEMBERED F0R S0ME REAS0N. A FEW YEARS AFTER i KEPT USiNG iT. MY DAD STARTED N0TiCiNG. && HE T0LD ME THAT iT'S A PART 0F MY LiTTLE SiSTER'S M0M'S S0CiAL SECURiTY NUMBER && ALS0, THE C0DE T0 HiS SAFE B0X!! HAHA!! THAT WAS S000 FUNNY, i C0ULDN'T BELiEVE iT WHEN HE T0LD ME THAT! i GUESS HE T0LD ME THE C0DE T0 HiS SAFE B0X 0NE DAY && iT JUST STUCK. && ALL THESE YEARS... HE KEPT THiNKiNG i DiDN'T KN0W HE'S C0DE! HAHA!  Grin Smiley

IP Logged

metoo
Supernumerary Fellow

My life is in RUNES
BC Canada
Reply #17 - Dec 18th, 2007, 7:49pm

...... yes, your eyez are ..... most beautiful ..... the windows of the soul

Wiccan embraces the earth, its synchronicity, intends harm to no one, etc.....

..... your reflection is beautiful overall down to earth - nice to have you here.

IP Logged

patrick
Private

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2008, 8:26am

Help. I need a more imaginitive name than the one I have. (It is  boring) Smiley
Can anyone help with a suggestion and I will alter my profile.

IP Logged

SUZY_Q
Private

Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2008, 8:57am

Hi Patrick,tell us a little about you.were are you from,?what age are you ?what other interests besides the paranormal do you have.
My two boys are 15 and 17 they are so good at giving people cool nick names-they we sort you a new name no problem.   Wink

Love Suzy-Q-

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 51