Mar 1st, 2017, 5:49pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister
Psychic Paranormal Forums - Anybodythere.netGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceMembers Introductions & Info › Re: Members Recipes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
(Read 34558 times)
Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

�You make your own reality.�

Re: Members Recipes
Reply #200 - Jun 13th, 2013, 12:06pm

Seagypsy you asked for certain kinds of recipes. This is also geared for anyone with a gluten free diet.

Bell Pepper Curry with Tomato Peanut Masala

8 to 10 small sized capsicum or bell peppers
4 to 5 tomatoes
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup peanuts without skins, roasted
2 tbsp goda masala or 1 tbsp coriander powder +1 tsp cumin powder + 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp salt
1 cup water
3 tbsp oil
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
8 to 10 curry leaves
1/2 tsp asafetida (Substitutions: garlic powder or onion powder)

Now for making it.
In a blender or food processor puree the tomatoes, coconut and peanuts to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the goda masala, 1 tbsp coriander powder +1 tsp cumin powder + 1 1/2 tsp garam masala ) turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Keep aside.

Wash and clean the capsicums or bell pepper. Carefully cut the tops of the capsicum or bell and deseed them. Stuff with the tomato peanut masala mixture by placing about 2 tea spoons of the masala inside the capsicum or bell.

Mix 1 cup water into the Masala to make a gravy.

In a wok or kadhai, heat the oil on medium. Put in the mustard seeds and when they pop, add the curry leaves and asafetida(Or garlic/onion powder). Lower the flame and carefully place the stuffed capsicum or bell pepper pieces. Increase the heat to medium low and cook covered until white spots appear on the surface of the capsicum or bell pepper, about 4 to 5 minutes.

Stir in the remaining Masala mixture, increase the heat to medium and bring the gravy to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off.

Serve hot with the rice - bread or gluten free of your choice.

~Dwell forever above the blue hue and sketch the heavens with me~
IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #201 - Jun 13th, 2013, 4:26pm

8 ounces gluten-free pasta (use Schar Spaghetti)
12 large shrimp - peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1 tablespoon butter, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
cup chopped (red bell pepper for Manny) (Sea Sweet Onions)
2 cloves garlic, sliced
cup dry white wine (Chardonnay)
cup fresh heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons clam juice
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt

Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, cook pasta until al dente, or slightly tender to the bite.

Reserve ⅓ cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain pasta well in a colander set in the sink.

Melt tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil together in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the red pepper and garlic until the peppers have softened, about 5-7 minutes.

Stir in the shrimp, and cook and stir until the shrimp are opaque and orange, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp to a bowl and set aside, leaving the peppers and garlic in the skillet.

Stir the wine, lemon juice, and clam juice into the skillet, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Mix in 1 more tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and return the shrimp to the skillet. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water, cream, parsley, and sea salt.

Add the cooked linguine, and shrimp and toss together with sauce. Simmer the mixture over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes to let the pasta absorb some of the sauce, and serve hot.

Wink

IP Logged

Owlscrying
Global Moderator

7th Sense

Reply #202 - Jun 13th, 2013, 4:34pm

Smiley Noraa Smiley

Smiley Great culinary dish. Smiley

Can see how the spices, would bring out and zing the peppers.

Smiley Thank-you Noraa Smiley

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #203 - Jun 13th, 2013, 4:52pm

Dark Chocolate Rum Soaked Orange Cake

1/4 cup instant espresso powder/instant coffee

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup bourbon or rum

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups sugar

3 large eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking soda

Confectioners sugar, for garnish (optional).

1. Grease and flour a 10-cup-capacity Bundt pan (or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In microwave oven or double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Let cool.

2. Put espresso and cocoa powders in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup. Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line. Mix until powders dissolve. Add whiskey and salt; let cool.

3. Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.

4. On low speed, beat in a third of the whiskey mixture. When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour. Repeat additions, ending with whiskey mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for Bundt pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes).

5. Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more whiskey. Let cool before serving. Alternatively you may garnished with confectioners sugar.

Yield: 10 to 12 servings.

ORANGE infused CHOCOLATE

3 1/2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate

2 tablespoons of salted butter

1/2 cup of heavy cream

2 tablespoons of orange zest

1 teaspoon ground cloves

Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate and butter, and whisk until smooth.
Add spices and zest. Stir until incorporated.
Allow the ganache to cool slightly before drizzling over the cake.

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #204 - Jun 13th, 2013, 5:00pm

Raspberry Cobbler (For Owlz)

2/3 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups red raspberries
2 cups black raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries
2 cups peeled, pitted (unpeeled) and chopped red or black plums
2 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Dough
1 2/3 cups all-purpose white flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Ice cream or whipped cream or plain heavy cream for serving, optional.... Note Adjust the amount of sugar and lemon juice depending on the tartness of the berries

lol now the fun part

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch by 13-inch flat baking dish (or a similar size dish) with nonstick spray. For filling: Thoroughly stir together granulated sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Gently stir in berries, fruit and lemon juice until well blended. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.

For dough: Thoroughly stir together flour, brown and granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter to bowl, stirring until incorporated. Add egg, stirring with a fork until mixture is blended and clumped. Sprinkle clumps of dough mixture evenly over fruit.

Bake in middle third of oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until well browned and bubbly. Transfer to wire rack and let cool to barely warm or cooled before serving. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.

Wink

IP Logged

abc1
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #205 - Jul 1st, 2013, 5:11pm

Apple pie

400g flour
200g butter
150g sugar
Cinnamon
1 lemon
4 green apples
180ml water

1. Combine the flour and butter and add the 180ml of water.
2. In a different bowl, mix the apples, sugar and lemon juice. Let it rest for 30 minutes.

IP Logged

livelaugh
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #206 - Jul 10th, 2013, 10:02pm

GARLIC SPINICH

FROZEN SPINICH
CHOPPED BACON (TURKEY BACON WILL WORK
ONION
GARLIC PODWER
PEPPER JACK CHEESE
MIX ALL TOGETHER
PUT THE CHEESE ON TOP BAKE FOR 20 MIN

IP Logged

Melli
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #207 - Aug 2nd, 2013, 7:46pm

Thank you ......mmm!!

Smiley Smiley

Believe, everything is possible!

Melli

IP Logged

NarcissusNoir
Interim Member Level 2

New Jersey
Reply #208 - Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:04pm

This one is one of my favorites.. mainly cus it's SO simple and really good. Nutella lovers will appreciate this!

1 cup nutella
1 cup flour
1 egg
(no sugar is needed in the recipe at all)

Mix, roll em into a few slabs, bake on 350 for about 8 minutes. Powdered sugar goes pretty nice on 'em at the end too.

image_287.jpg (377 KB | 81 )
image_287.jpg

IP Logged

LadyinPurple

USA
Reply #209 - Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:50pm

Homemade Marshmallow Peeps
     1 packet of unflavored gelatin (2 1/2 teaspoons)
     1/3 cup cold water, for gelatin, plus 1/4 cup for syrup
     1 cup white sugar, plus extra colored sugar for coating

Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup of cold water in a bowl. Allow gelatin to soften, about 10 minutes.
Next, combine 1/4 cup of water and the cup of sugar in a sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved.
Stop stirring and place a candy thermometer into the sugar mixture, and boil until temperature reaches the "soft-ball stage" (238F). Timing is everything!! Once temp is reached, remove from heat and add sugar mixture to the softened gelatin.
Now the fun part. using your electric mixer, beat the gelatin/sugar mixture until it's fluffy. I use my fancy tabletop mixer with a whisk attachment because it works best. It can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to fluff up, depending on your mixer.
Now the hard part. You need your piping bag and a #22 tip ready. Spoon the fluffy goodness into the bag and pipe out your "Peeps" as fast as you can. This stuff sets up fast. I like to sprinkle colored sugar onto wax paper and pipe directly onto it. It's nice to have a second set of hands to help you too, they can sprinkle the colored sugar onto the peeps after you pipe them out.
Here's a pic of my own, I hope I post it correctly.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:51pm by LadyinPurple »  

peeps2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Ricah6886
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Los Angeles
Reply #210 - Aug 20th, 2013, 8:10am

"Green Machine"
A pack of hand picked fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, minerals, and etc, turned into a healthy drink that is good for your well being.

Ingredients:

3 Bunch Brocolli
   1 Bittermelon
   1 Bunch Spinach
   4 Stocks Celery
   4 Carrot
   1/2 Watermelon
   2 Banana
   2 Orange
   4 Kiwi
   1 Cucumber
   2 Apple
   1 Lemon
   1/2 Pineapple
   1 Manggo
   Ginger
   Parsley

Be slow to anger.....
-Jesus Christ

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #211 - Nov 21st, 2013, 4:02pm

pepper lamb in Masala sauce with caramelized onions

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup Fengreek leaves

1 teaspoon curry powder

2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns

2 tablespoons ground coriander and cumin

1/2 cup water

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 red onions, thinly sliced and caramelize in pan

2 inch piece ginger, minced

5 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, or amount to taste

1 tablespoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 tablespoon ground turmeric

1/2 cup tomato paste

1 pound lamb meat, cut into 1-inch cubes

1/2 cup water

1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion, and cook until the onion turns translucent and the edges begin to brown, about 7 minutes. Scrape the onion into the container of a blender, and set aside. Return the saucepan to the stove, and stir in the fengreek leaves and peppercorns. Cook and stir until the curry leaves wilt and turn almost dry, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander, and cook 1 minute more. Scrape the curry leaves into the blender, and pour in 1/2 cup of water. Blend until the mixture has turned into a coarse paste.

2. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sliced onions, and sautee until the onions have caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic, continue cooking until the garlic softens and mellows, about 3 minutes more. Stir in the cayenne pepper, salt, and turmeric; continue cooking 2 minutes. Finally, stir in the tomato paste, lamb meat, pureed peppercorn sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes.

So that is one of my new recipes. There will be more soon. Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013, 4:11pm by Noraa83 »  

IP Logged

Asuka
Interim Member Level 5

Ohio
Reply #212 - Dec 24th, 2013, 6:36am

Homemade Banana Bread

This was an old Jewish recipe from World War II I found that I absolutely love. So grab a couple loaf pans and a large mixing spoon. Let's make some yummy Banana Bread to share with your family!

Here are the list of materials you need for baking:

1 bunch of Bananas (7)
1 stick of melted Butter
2 cups of Sugar
2 large Eggs beaten (I used organic eggs)
2 Tablespoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
3 Pinches of Sea Salt
4 Cups of All Purpose Flour

*You can add chopped Walnuts, Pistachios, Chocolate Chips or Macademia Nuts if so you might want to add 2 extra Tablespoons of Pure Vanilla Extract to make your Banana Bread super moist*

First peel off 7 bananas and toss them into a mixing bowl. You can use a Masher utensil or an ordinary fork to mash the Bananas. Second, you want to melt the butter for 60 to 90 seconds in your microwave. Third, add the melted Butter in the mixing bowl along with 2 Cups of Sugar.

You're going to mix that up then add the 2 beaten Eggs into the bowl while stirring the ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons of Pure Vanilla Extract. Add 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda and 3 pinches of Salt. Gradually add in 4 cups of Flour then stir until it's all well incorporated.

Lastly, you can add your toppings into the mixture. Remember if you do, add 2 more Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract so your bread won't taste so dry after it's done baking. Everyone has different settings on their oven so what I do is set it for 275 F degrees (since I used a dark loaf pan if you use glass set it at 300 F degrees) for 30 minutes then turn it up to 300 degrees the last 15 minutes (325 F degrees if using a glassware pan). Make sure to keep an eye on the banana bread so you don't burn it. Use a toothpick to see if it's still gooey in the middle. Pull it out of the oven after toothpick check and let it cool on a rack. (I place it in the fridge or freezer to cool it faster. lol Hey we get a rumbly in our tummy.)

Baking tip: if you want to add more flavor or make the top of the bread super moist after you pull it out of the oven brush a little bit of banana extract with vanilla extract over the top loaves. You want that streusal flavor? Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon at the top to make it sweet. Enjoy!

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #213 - Dec 24th, 2013, 6:41am

Sweet and ty very much hun Smiley

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #214 - Dec 26th, 2013, 1:44am

So this is my cooking video on "Simple Stir-Fry" enjoy this as much as i did

Wink

IP Logged

Noraa83
Senior Member Level 4

Reply #215 - Dec 26th, 2013, 2:20am

This is my created recipe for Chicken "it's like a Asian/Indian style. Enjoy

Wink

IP Logged

Daphne2
Interim Member Level 5

Everything happens for
a reason.
Belgium
Reply #216 - Dec 30th, 2013, 12:15pm

2 Ingredient cookies!! (+ the mix ins of your choice)

Yes. For real. Two ingredients. (Yes, you can add other things if you want but you dont HAVE to!)

Ingredients:

2 large old bananas
1 cup of  oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, id suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) i love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-cinnamon
-raisins

Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies wont hold together very well.

you cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Dont forget the greased part. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever.

ENJOY and HUGS!!

cookies.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

fairytale love
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #217 - Dec 30th, 2013, 4:46pm

I will try this recipe sometime. Sounds good.

Noraa83 wrote on Jun 13th, 2013, 4:52pm:
Dark Chocolate Rum Soaked Orange Cake

1/4 cup instant espresso powder/instant coffee

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup bourbon or rum

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups sugar

3 large eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking soda

Confectioners sugar, for garnish (optional).

1. Grease and flour a 10-cup-capacity Bundt pan (or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In microwave oven or double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Let cool.

2. Put espresso and cocoa powders in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup. Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line. Mix until powders dissolve. Add whiskey and salt; let cool.

3. Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.

4. On low speed, beat in a third of the whiskey mixture. When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour. Repeat additions, ending with whiskey mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for Bundt pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes).

5. Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more whiskey. Let cool before serving. Alternatively you may garnished with confectioners sugar.

Yield: 10 to 12 servings.

ORANGE infused CHOCOLATE

3 1/2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate

2 tablespoons of salted butter

1/2 cup of heavy cream

2 tablespoons of orange zest

1 teaspoon ground cloves

Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate and butter, and whisk until smooth.
Add spices and zest. Stir until incorporated.
Allow the ganache to cool slightly before drizzling over the cake.

IP Logged

Asuka
Interim Member Level 5

Ohio
Reply #218 - Jan 8th, 2014, 4:45am

Blueberry Muffins

This was out of the inspiration of Joanne Fluke's Blueberry Muffin Murder book recipe. However, there's a few key ingredients I added to make these delicious Blueberry Muffins very light and fluffy treat.

Here are the following ingredients you will need:

2 Packages of Marie Calendar's Blueberry Muffin Mix
1 Carton of Fresh Blueberries
1 Stick of Melted Butter
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Large Eggs Beaten
1/4 Cup of Milk
1 Cup of Flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil

First, you are going to need a mixing bowl with a large spoon. Pour in the Melted Butter and add the 1 Cup of Sugar into the bowl. Stir the ingredients and throw in the 2 Beaten Eggs. Thoroughly mix the wet ingredients together then add 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.

You will need to add the 2 packages of Marie Calendar's Blueberry Muffin mix which is equivalent to 2 cups of flour. Now you need to pour 1 Cup of Flour with a 1/4 Cup of Milk until it's incorporated. Add the fresh Blueberries, stir, and start putting the muffin liners in the pan.

You want to evenly distribute the mixture in a muffin pan and this should be perfect for 12 Jumbo sized Blueberry muffins. Use an ice cream scooper to scoop the muffin mix. I set my oven to 300 F degrees for first 10 mins then last 5-10 mins increase to 325 F degrees. Use a toothpick to check if it's done. Let it cool on a rack on the side and hope you enjoy these sweet fluffy Blueberry muffins!

« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2014, 4:46am by Asuka »  

IP Logged

Gemini_90
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Alabama
Reply #219 - Jan 24th, 2014, 1:36am

White Chocolate Lemon Fruit Dip:

prep time: 5 min
ingredients: 3
serving size: 4

2 tbs : premier white morsels
3 pudding cups: (3.25 oz each) Snack Pack-Vanilla Pudding
3 tb : fresh squeezed lemon juice
Fresh strawberries or pretzels, optional

Place morsels in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on High 45 sec or until morsels melt when stirred.
Add pudding and stir until blended, stir in lemon juice.
Serve w/ Strawberries or Pretzels, if desired!!!
  Enjoy!!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12