Jan 20th, 2017, 3:40am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister
Psychic Paranormal Forums - Anybodythere.netGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceMembers Introductions & Info › Re: Members Recipes
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 
(Read 32117 times)
Zeno
Interim Member

Ohio
Re: Members Recipes
Reply #222 - May 7th, 2014, 3:02am

Zenos Chili Recipe

2 lb. cubed meat

Splash of olive oil to brown the meat.

3 green peppers

4 small onions

8 celery stalks

2 25oz cans of diced tomatoes

2 10.75oz cans of tomato soup

1 quart chicken broth

quart water

4 garlic cloves

4 15.5oz cans dark red kidney beans

6 teaspoons of chili powder

6 teaspoons of oregano

5 teaspoons of paprika

5 teaspoons of cumin

4 teaspoons of salt

4 teaspoons of sugar

3 teaspoons of cinnamon

2 teaspoons of black pepper

2 teaspoons of celery seed

Brown the meat in the splash of olive oil in your soup pot and do not drain when done. In a separate frying pan, lightly brown the onions, peppers and celery. Then add this to the soup pot. Next add all of your canned ingredients, chicken broth and water. Mix well in the pot. Next add the garlic gloves and again mix it up well. Next add your chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, sugar, cinnamon, black pepper and celery seed. Mix very well.

Let simmer for two hours with the lid on stirring occasionally.
Make a thickener with the chili broth and 6 teaspoons of flour for thickening after the two hours.

Goes great with a cold Chimay ale.

IP Logged

SerenityLove
Newbie Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #223 - Aug 23rd, 2014, 2:13am

IP Logged

Riean
Junior Member Level 3

Walking the Path of Love
and Light
USA
Re: Poutine
Reply #224 - Sep 9th, 2014, 3:34am

Poutine (a Canadian delicacy, and no, I'm American Tongue)

Original recipe makes 4 servings:

You will need:

1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
2 cups cheese curds

Original recipe makes 4 servings

1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
2 cups cheese curds

PREPARATIONS:

5 mins

COOKING:

20 mins

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). While the oil is heating, you can begin to warm your gravy.
Place the fries into the hot oil, and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes. Make the fries in batches if necessary to allow them room to move a little in the oil. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Place the fries on a serving platter, and sprinkle the cheese over them. Ladle gravy over the fries and cheese, and serve immediately.

I've been trying forever to learn to make this!
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2014, 5:02am by Riean »  

"We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." ~ Carl Jung

IP Logged

Jess123

I Love The Paranormal

south bend Indiana
Reply #225 - Jan 25th, 2015, 10:37pm

Kid friendly peanutbutter fudge! No cooking required.
All you need is a jar of cake frosting either vanilla or chocolate (I prefer chocolate) and a jar of peanut butter! Empty contents of both jars into a bowl, mix well, spread into desired pan, refrigerate for a few hours and tada fudge!

Simple chocolate fudge
A bag of cholocate chips and a can of condensed milk. A splash of vanilla extract and walnuts both optional.
Melt chips and condensed milk in a pan stir constantly till melted add a splash (couple drops) vanilla extract if desired, stir in walnut pieces if desired again both vanilla and walnuts are optional. Pour into pan and refrigerate a few hours or until hardened cut and serve. Wax paper to line the pan makes clean up easier but not required. I make this plain all the time it goes quickly! Good stuff simple to make

Great for holidays, special occasions or just need to Lil that sweet tooth craving! A pan doesn't last more the a few hours at my house.

IP Logged

Mongki
Interim Member Level 3

Recipe: Pad Thai
Reply #226 - Jan 26th, 2015, 7:02pm

Serves 4-6 people
Ingredients:

Pad Thai Sauce

4 tablespoons store-bought Pad Thai paste
2 teaspoons tamarind paste/concentrate
3 tablespoons fish sauce
3 teaspoons sugar
2/3 cup water
2-4 teaspoons Sriracha or 1-2 teaspoons chili powder

Other Ingredients:

8 oz packaged Pad Thai noodles
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 eggs
1 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp
1 tablespoon minced garlic
A small bunch of chives (cut lengths)
1 cup bean sprouts
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
2 blocks fried tofu (cut into thin pieces)

Method:

Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 15 minutes or until they soften. Drain and set aside.

Combine the ingredients for the Pad Thai sauce in a bowl.

Heat up a wok and add oil. When the oil is very hot, add the minced garlic and do a few quick stirs. Add shrimp into the wok and stir until half cooked and then add the fried tofu pieces, noodles and Pad Thai sauce into the wok and stir continuously. Push the noodles to one side and crack the eggs into the wok, break it up by stirring and wait for 10-15 seconds, and then stir in the noodles. Add bean sprouts and chives into the wok, stir for 1 minute, dish out, sprinkle some peanuts on top and serve with a wedge (or two wedges) of lime.

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can hope to understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

IP Logged

Mr Nem
Fellow Member

Knight of Pentacles
Wales, UK
Re: Recipe: Pad Thai
Reply #227 - Feb 9th, 2015, 6:57pm

Ooh, Pad Thai! My favourite! I think I will give this recipe a go. Usually we buy the sauce from the supermarket. I had it an an authentic Thai restaurant once, omg it was stunning. Now I'm feeling really hungry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39