08/18/17 at 05:53:35
This Forum Is Archived & Read Only
HomeHelpSearchLogin
Psychic Paranormal ForumGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceMembers Introductions & Info › Re: Members Recipes
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 
(Read 40687 times)
j.s.
YaBB Newbies

I Love The Paranormal

Re: Members Recipes
Reply #220 - 02/05/14 at 07:12:46

i wish i wasnt allergic to choc : /

IP Logged

RobbieK.

UK
Reply #221 - 04/11/14 at 10:39:36

Sticky Toffee Pudding.... I can't make it too often, it's too nice. Smiley

Pre-heat oven 170c /Gas Mark 3

190g Plain Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
120g Soft Brown Sugar
A wee pinch of salt.
120ml Milk
2 Large Eggs
6 Tablespoons of melted butter (it's about 100g solid)
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract

Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Then mix in the sugar with yer favourite wooden spoon, get stuck in...don't taste it yet. However, dot a bit on a child's nose, seeing them go cross eyed is brilliant.
 In another bowl, get all chef'y by adding the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk it till it sort of foams on top, not quite bubble bath, but not blowing bubble is soup with a straw either. Theres no real guide, but 'you'll know' what I mean. Prepare for mess if you go electric - also fun. Cheesy
 Now the 2nd best bit - mix the two bowls into one, get stirring, whisking is good too, we want air in there. Keep at it till all combined and has a sort of smooth shiny appearance - or until yer knackered and 'that'll do'.

Pour into a greased tin, I used a loaf tin, but 23cm square/round tins also do fine. If in doubt, split it into 2 tins, or get a massive one. Not helpful I know, but I'm limited on my kitchen utensils Smiley. Once happy, then the realisation your kitchen is an absolute state, introduce the tin/s to the oven, preferably middle shelf so you can watch that baby rise. Every oven is different - times vary between 20-30 minutes. Check by sticking a sharpie in the middle after about 20 mins. If it's still sticky, give it another 5 mins.

NOW THE BEST BIT!!!!  Cheesy

ToFfEe SaUcE

120g Butter, (unsalted if you don't like salty hints, and salted if you do!)
200g Soft Brown Sugar
250ml Double Cream (if you have none, Milk will do)

Shove it all in a pan, no prejudice, make sure to dip yer finger in the cream..mmmmmmm. Simmer to a medium heat, don't boil it, be nice. Smell it...mmmmmmmm.
It's a long old slog, but keep at it, trust me it's going to be worth it - keep at it until it turns all smooth and goes a dark brown, almost milk chocolate coloured. Now here's the tricky part, getting it a sauce and not a toffee, although  the toffee itself is delicious, the cake will not be any good without it's flagship addition. Letting it boil, will start the crystallisation process, and this is where toffee starts.  Have a glass of water nearby, and drip a drop into it, if it sinks to the bottom, but stays sticky and OooOOoo..then yer fine, if it turns into a miniature marble...well..you know what to do next time!

When you have had enough and determined that, that is enough. Let it stand in the pot for 10 minutes.

Nearly there... remove the cake from the tin/s. Eat bits that fall off, or try and stick them back on hoping no-one will notice. Then you have two choices. Pour the sauce all over it...or wait till you cut the cake and serve it, then add the sauce. Don't serve it yet though, let the sauce soak in a wee bit. If yer really talented, you'll also have a custard on the go as well. I am not talented, and forgot about the custard. But soon got one up and running before the massive congregation of family noticed.

Sorry this is lengthy, but thats me. If you like this...I also have a Scottish Shortbread recipe that beats the supermarket variety hands down. Enjoy.

(I will not be held responsible for anything that I posted here...it's your fault if it goes wrong Tongue)

I only want to help, and make friends Smiley

IP Logged

Zeno
YaBB Newbies

Ohio
Reply #222 - 05/07/14 at 03:02:55

Zenos Chili Recipe

2 lb. cubed meat

Splash of olive oil to brown the meat.

3 green peppers

4 small onions

8 celery stalks

2 25oz cans of diced tomatoes

2 10.75oz cans of tomato soup

1 quart chicken broth

quart water

4 garlic cloves

4 15.5oz cans dark red kidney beans

6 teaspoons of chili powder

6 teaspoons of oregano

5 teaspoons of paprika

5 teaspoons of cumin

4 teaspoons of salt

4 teaspoons of sugar

3 teaspoons of cinnamon

2 teaspoons of black pepper

2 teaspoons of celery seed

Brown the meat in the splash of olive oil in your soup pot and do not drain when done. In a separate frying pan, lightly brown the onions, peppers and celery. Then add this to the soup pot. Next add all of your canned ingredients, chicken broth and water. Mix well in the pot. Next add the garlic gloves and again mix it up well. Next add your chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, sugar, cinnamon, black pepper and celery seed. Mix very well.

Let simmer for two hours with the lid on stirring occasionally.
Make a thickener with the chili broth and 6 teaspoons of flour for thickening after the two hours.

Goes great with a cold Chimay ale.

IP Logged

SerenityLove
YaBB Newbies

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #223 - 08/23/14 at 02:13:44

IP Logged

Riean
YaBB Newbies

Walking the Path of Love
and Light
USA
Re: Poutine
Reply #224 - 09/09/14 at 03:34:59

Poutine (a Canadian delicacy, and no, I'm American Tongue)

Original recipe makes 4 servings:

You will need:

1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
2 cups cheese curds

Original recipe makes 4 servings

1 quart vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
2 cups cheese curds

PREPARATIONS:

5 mins

COOKING:

20 mins

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). While the oil is heating, you can begin to warm your gravy.
Place the fries into the hot oil, and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes. Make the fries in batches if necessary to allow them room to move a little in the oil. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Place the fries on a serving platter, and sprinkle the cheese over them. Ladle gravy over the fries and cheese, and serve immediately.

I've been trying forever to learn to make this!
« Last Edit: 09/09/14 at 05:02:57 by Riean »  

"We are so captivated by and entangled in our subjective consciousness that we have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." ~ Carl Jung

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47