Feb 28th, 2017, 7:37am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister
Psychic Paranormal Forums - Anybodythere.netABT's Top Forum BoardsParanormal Pics › Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?
Pages: 1 
(Read 51872 times)
Owlscrying
Global Moderator

7th Sense

Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?
Apr 19th, 2010, 6:35am

Reopening of the South Fork Bridge after flood in Nov. 1940. 1941 (?)

Its the short description for the photograph shown at the virtual Bralorne Pioneer Museum, from British Columbia, Canada.

Did you notice anything out of place? Or perhaps, out of time?

The man with what appears to be very modern sunglasses seems to be wearing a stamped T-shirt with a nice sweater, all the while holding a portable compact camera!

Continued...
Source
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2010, 6:38am by Owlscrying »  

IP Logged

falcon
Grande Fellow

Re: Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2010, 7:39am

OHHHHH and its not been touched owl? That is wild

IP Logged

Angahith
Grande Fellow

In the rainy paradise
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2010, 5:51pm

He looks so out of place although their reasoning behind the outfit is extremely possible. You would think time travelers would be told not to be caught like this  Grin Imagine in the future, they made a t-shirt with that logo and the glasses become a fad. Would be creepy.

IP Logged

paranormalgirl
Supernumerary Fellow

Im diffrent and proud
of it
mississippi
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 5:15am

Wow that is wild to even think about lol now i wanna find out more thanks owls for sharing  Cool

IP Logged

goldfinch
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 6:02pm

great  photo love it it make you think if time traveling is possible just think about that my first job would to get the lottery numbers  lol  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

homebound
Moderators

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2010, 1:56am

I loved that photo too, gold.   It didn't take me long to single him out.  He stood out like a sore thumb.  A fascinating pic, for sure.

I thought it interesting that he chose an uneventful day to show up in.  Someone asked why, but I think that's why it was chosen - well, if it was chosen, lol.

And those glasses the actress was wearing?... not even close to what that guy was wearing.  and look how everyone is dressed.  An older, conservative population with some youth, and even the youth were conservative in their dress.  I think the explanations given to that young man and his ear piece and camera were just silly... please
really good pic

IP Logged

goldfinch
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2010, 7:33am

yes i am over the moon with this photo my greatest thing in life is to now how to time travel if there was a chance were would you like to go??????? LETS HEAR SOME STUFF OF YOU GUYS COME ON Smiley would it be to help others or help your self ??? go ahead time travels lets hear your views  is the world going to be saved or am we going to let it blow up  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smileyh
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2010, 7:47am by goldfinch »  

IP Logged

Nine
Senior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Michigan
Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2010, 6:10pm

So this photo is hanging in a museum? How long has the photo been hanging there?

IP Logged

Owlscrying
Global Moderator

7th Sense

Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2010, 8:35pm

It was part of the exhibit Their Past Lives Here from Bralorne-Pioneer, available to the public since 2004.

IP Logged

mcandylee
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2010, 4:54am

I tell you this pic has fascinated the heck out of me. I have been researching time travel all day b/c of this pic. I found a man by the name of John Titus on the internet. He was here 2000-2001. he was from 2036. He made alot of correct "predictions". I have been looking for this 12 year old, at this time, John Titus. Kinda creepy i know, but im soo fascinated. Have anymore info on John Titis please let me know. I know he grew up in FLorida. ALso, yes i think this is a time traveler look at his demeanor!! Unlike anyone else inthis phto

IP Logged

Maybe

We are all connected
Edmonton, CAN
Reply #10 - May 4th, 2010, 11:26pm

Very interesting! I'm not wild about their explanation for his attire ether, but very cool to know it hasn't been tampered with!

IP Logged

goldfinch
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #11 - May 6th, 2010, 8:43am

the arms dont seem right on this photo thay look like thay belong to the man behind every one look were the camra is being hold now look up his arms look at the type of cloth it dont match the woolly jumper that the man is wearing the arms are from the suit behind i may be looking at it wrong but its what i see the man behind must be standing almost touching the young man in front my finally thought is all  being a great photo i really think its a fake any comments from you guys ??
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2010, 9:09pm by goldfinch »  

IP Logged

Moondance8
Full Member Level 3

You create your own Universe
as you go along
Ohio
Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2010, 1:19am

Wow Owlscrying, great find! Even the mans body language seems out of place from everyone else. It's a fascinating photo and I think the name of the exhibit is ironic too. I'd love to know more about this photo. If you ever find additional information keep us posted. Thanks for posting.

Blessings to you,

Moondance8

IP Logged

borat
Newbie Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2010, 6:33am

fashion statement, maybe the dude was ahead of his time?

IP Logged

ember
Senior Member Level 3

The mind's eye is the
body's soul
Worcester, MA, USA
Reply #14 - Aug 1st, 2010, 10:12pm

I did some quick googling. I found a site that does a good job explaining the photo. It also talks about John Titor. So that may be why mcandylee can't find anything? Hope this helps.

http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo/

IP Logged

Ajantis
Fellow Member

Know thyself
Croatia
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2011, 8:09pm

Really fascinating. Speaking of time travelers, mcandylee mentioned John Titor.
I have watched a tv series about him and also read many articles and forum posts of people who followed him closely and also hundreds of people who asked all kind of questions to him.
This is what one of his followers says:

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left.

I'm me, I'm free.

IP Logged

Ajantis
Fellow Member

Know thyself
Croatia
Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2011, 8:16pm

You know what, this inspired me to create a new thread in which i will post information about John Titor the time traveler. It will be at the paranormal board. I hope you will read it.
Wink

I'm me, I'm free.

IP Logged

Jess2
Senior Member Level 5

UK
Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2011, 11:50am

Wow - interesting photo and interesting read from the source. I love the thought of time travel but it also scares me. No idea what top believe if he really is a time traveller or someone just wearing odd clothes at the time? Thanks for sharing! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sugar
Grande Fellow

Live and let live
New Zealand
Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2011, 5:04am

Thank you soooo much for finding and sharing this photo owls. I love all of this kind of stuff.

I noticed the man straight away.. he is as out of place as an elephant in a supermarket. I don't care what the sceptics say Tongue

xx

IP Logged

UnicornArcher
Private

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2011, 2:45am

Oh! Kudos to Goldfinch!!! You ARE correct! Ths man was photoshopped into the pic on top of the other man! Clearly, the man behind him would have to have his arms around the 'time traveler' and being of such short stature, it would be almost impossible to hold the camera as securely as he is. His hat would also be in the way. At first glance you'd think it's a genuine snap but after studying it, it's one heck of a GREAT paste job! Almost like a gallery game of Where's Waldo for adults to play!

IP Logged

common
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2011, 5:05pm

Well that is not off really (the picture) getting ready to be marry to vet who has been in the army for 15+ plus and is very, very smart and has the highest clearance (even way pass the president). He is retired now however there are somethings the publc does not know. Today i will have take a look of this picture because i have a idea but i need to confirm that. I don't think that guy was a time travler however i do believe in time travlers..Here is something did anyone know that cell phones were indeed made in the 60's. They weren't public till later on :) :)

IP Logged

common
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #21 - Mar 29th, 2011, 10:07am

Well i did talk to my other half and he did look at the photo to right off bat he that is not a time traveleer but won't speak anything else about however he only said the photo is way to clear for a time travler, that was it Sad Sad Oh yeah well he did say the sun glasses were indeed a clue to say that is not a time travler Cry Cry We had another talk about it. He showed me the picture again but i think he is not telling me much again, and pointed out the women that is looking at the guy in the tee-shirt and said no olny the picture took the sanp shoot too clearly but the lady sees him also and the sun glasses are scientist glaseses wore in either dealing chemials or insane hospitals (at the time of the era 1940's) Embarrassed Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2011, 2:55pm by common »  

IP Logged

common
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #22 - Mar 29th, 2011, 10:28am

Here is something i like to add. I had a friend a couple of years ago and is a architct and does nothing but bulids high raise bulidings and aparment buildings however later on he fell into a deep depression. I told him he can talk to me about anything so he goes forth and talk aboutt a time travler appeared out of thin air and ask him to solve a mathematical equation. My frined said he tried but was unable to within the time limit of 30 secs. Even to this day he hasen't solved it yet i lost track of him Cry. His family thinks he is crazy cause of this. What makes this so so shocking is my friend had meant my other have and i told my other half about a time travler and my friend said something about a mathematical equation. My other wanted to meet him. They did talk, my partner ask about the mathematical equation. It seem that my friend eyes light up and wrote it down. The thing is my best half said it couldn't be sovled however i seen my other half for a week straight trying to sovle the mathematical equation. He did solve it but that got me thinking and knowing that are indeed time travlers and the government knows something about it Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Roll Eyes I did ask my (best) half why did he lie, he said he didn't but can't or can be sovled. He told me the theory of relativity has different equations with different results denpending how you do your mathematical equation but understand the thoery is just a thoery. Please please don't ask me nothing about math i dang near got lost trying to explain it Undecided Undecided Undecided. My best friend is very smart. Let jsut say for his daughter took test for collage (sat's) but wanted her dad to take one too. He thought that was cute and payed to take the test. Humm the results that he miss some questions because of modern times but olny 3 his daughter miss 10 but ok about it, it did take her a while to get over Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2011, 2:48pm by common »  

IP Logged

common
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #23 - Mar 30th, 2011, 7:28am

Here is something that gave me the creeps (really bad) Does anyone have a photo of john titor or on the web or something? Compare the photo of the of john titor to museum photo, must run the test. It is very creepie cause it looks like the same person however laptop can tell me later on Smiley Dang it can't find that other photo i'am trying later on today to compare photo's however i strongly "think" he is not a time travler because he talks about bibe decoding..Well i know one computer (better then all computer around the world) that the U.S government has and it sit on a floor by itself and has the whole room with no off switch to turn it off. All it does is decodes everything and yes there are photos and the U.S does talk it sometimes
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2011, 9:46am by common »  

IP Logged

Charmed
Grande Fellow

I'm Waiting For You
Sydney, Australia
Reply #24 - Mar 31st, 2011, 12:17pm

It makes me wonder why everyone else isn't looking at him strangely considering he is wearing such unusual things for that time.

Charmed

IP Logged

RobMonty248
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2011, 2:40pm

Only way to be sure this photo is real is to obtain the negative.
It would have been shot onto film and the negative would reveal the man in the photo also, it is even possible to place parts of negatives removed in sdpecial chemicals and place pieces of them onto antoher negative and make a sandwhiched photo, so. The only way to know for sure is if this was printed in an old book with copyrights long before the digital cam was availible also.

Ive put the statue of liberty on my lake in michigan and it looks real.
The picture of JFK assination thing on Time magazine.. The guy with rifle, his head was placed on from another photograph and the shadows in the photo proved it. Many things can be done, the JFK film was doctored also, JFK and most of the peoples faces on the emulsion where scratched off to remove little details *this has been proven also.

Time travel is possible yes. I know this but to prove this picture 100% real we would need the negative..
To make it become very interesting and possibly real, was it published somewhere in an old magazine?
Thanks Owl, Totally kewl!
Thought id find nothing to post about, yea right!
haha

IP Logged

Lovely Facade
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #26 - Apr 17th, 2011, 7:38am

I totally believe in time travel!  There's a similar picture in a Charlie Chaplin silent film...

IP Logged

TillyWinks
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2011, 2:44am

WoWzErs very kewl indeed!Thank you for sharing Smiley

IP Logged

Causticsiren89
Interim Member Level 2

Live Free Or Die

Reply #28 - Apr 23rd, 2011, 5:07pm

WOW now that just makes The Gears in my head turn why the heck are we in the dark on stuff like this. Think of the possibilities someone would have. To explore History threw your own eye's. imagine actually going back to B.C. period watching and following Jesus's hole Life, or Hitlers Reign on N.W.O. , Even watching the Egyptian's build the pyramid's.    Cheesy

IP Logged

zoologic
Interim Member

tone 3 electric rhythm
& change

Reply #29 - Apr 27th, 2011, 2:54am

no way Huh

IP Logged

peter83
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #30 - Apr 30th, 2011, 5:43pm

reminds me of the charlie chaplin video, heres a link if yo aint seen it  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

IP Logged

sassylou
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #31 - May 6th, 2011, 5:59am

WOW that is all I can say. But I can't help but to wonder was the picture actually taken in 1940 41.  We have been fooled before about the authenticity of photos but stranger things have happened. Time travel what an amazing thought, could it be possible?

IP Logged

samp
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #32 - May 16th, 2011, 11:26pm

i love the pic and i hope its real. time travelling would be amazing but i cant help but think its fake

IP Logged

Jaz
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #33 - May 18th, 2011, 3:38pm

Wow, thats really amazing... like wow..... but is there like more proof of this? I mean like someone else said there could be a reason to this...

IP Logged

MoMo
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #34 - May 21st, 2011, 5:24am

WOW that  photo really has me thinking! That is a good find. I live in FL what part did it say he was from?

Looking4thelight

IP Logged

Sandrew
Junior Member Level 3

Wonderland
Sweden.
Reply #35 - May 26th, 2011, 1:11pm

That's seriously creepy and awesome. I like it! I however firmly believe that he is no time traveler. Just think of it like this, if I were to dress in a real medieval dress mean while everyone else were wearing plain clothes, wouldn't that make me look like a time traveler?

I just think this fella just wanted to dress a bit random and maybe have his own style mean while everyone else wear hat and suit? That's what I think anyway. Time travel would be fun though, I would like to be able to do it.

Sorry for by terrible grammer, I have dyslexia.
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
IP Logged

davebold370
Newbie Level 1

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #36 - Jun 5th, 2011, 8:51am

First the lighting is off. He doesn't cast a natural shadow like the rest of them do. Second the arm holding the camera has the same suit like jacket. Third his hands are huge incomprehension to the rest of him. Third, look at his chest and note the level of shadow on his chest, and now look at the smiling man on the bottom right hand corner. The shadow degree is much higher than the "visitor." All in all, as someone that does things like this with his computer, i think it's a fake. I mean, even the pixels around his body is off when you get close to it. This is something that could have been done with MS paint. Great idea though. I think he would have done a better job if he acquired a few people and took this picture naturally.

IP Logged

Nata
Fellow Member

Live, Love and laugh
Victoria, British Columbia
Reply #37 - Jun 6th, 2011, 9:14pm

thats so cool.. I noticed him straight away. The way he holds himself is so diffrent from everyone else in the photo.

Have you got anything else on time travelers?

~*Nata*~

IP Logged

vanillatara
Fellow Member

~prosper~
Ontario Canada
Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2011, 6:17pm

amazing pic, i love it. He definately looks out of place.

IP Logged

slburgess86
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Indiana
Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2011, 3:44am

i would have to see the proof on tis one.

IP Logged

Corbin
Senior Member Level 4

Skeptical Student
Massachusetts
Reply #40 - Jun 17th, 2011, 6:03pm

Very cool concept. Did you see the photo of the older woman in the past with a cell phone that was all over the news about a month ago? http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/26/5353411-cell-phone-time-traveler...

IP Logged

claude
Full Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #41 - Jun 18th, 2011, 5:09pm

hey corbin

the poor woman was probably very frustrated because she could not receive a signal for lack of cell phone towers  Smiley

I believe she is resting her head on her hand, the shadow that we see is her hair.....
just an observation

IP Logged

Luckyone

I am Paranormal..I think!

Halifax, Nova scotia
Reply #42 - Jun 19th, 2011, 7:34pm

This picture makes me want to know more about time travelers. That is amazing. Thanks OWL!

IP Logged

EnergyStar
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #43 - Jun 20th, 2011, 9:50am

Ive seen this before. Its weird.. I think it actually might be a time traveller imo.

IP Logged

eddie
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #44 - Jun 21st, 2011, 5:42am

mcandylee wrote on May 3rd, 2010, 4:54am:
I tell you this pic has fascinated the heck out of me. I have been researching time travel all day b/c of this pic. I found a man by the name of John Titus on the internet. He was here 2000-2001. he was from 2036. He made alot of correct "predictions". I have been looking for this 12 year old, at this time, John Titus. Kinda creepy i know, but im soo fascinated. Have anymore info on John Titis please let me know. I know he grew up in FLorida. ALso, yes i think this is a time traveler look at his demeanor!! Unlike anyone else inthis phto

IP Logged

eddie
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #45 - Jun 21st, 2011, 5:45am

yes that fellow looks out of time, interesting. think hes taking a time vacation? past sight seeing.

IP Logged

psychic1111
Fellow Member

awake jedi warriors

Reply #46 - Jun 22nd, 2011, 1:42pm

if that is real you have to know its being used for various reasons.I think one would be financial or military. could be private smith who voulenteered to do it. do it in a n unknown place but a placethey could track if it failed.or he looks like a tourist going back to see his hero grandfather,or its a hoax.i believe the latter :-/

ii am psychic.i do predictions and healings. my blog shows proof of 75% accuracy.http://bakara55.blogspot.com

IP Logged

XIIIEM33092
Supernumerary Fellow

Empathy
New Hampshire
Reply #47 - Jun 27th, 2011, 6:16am

Too Me It Looks Like Someone Trying Really Really Hard to Fit IN to Old style setting The woman With the curly Hair On the Right of Him Looks Like shes Looking at She too IS wearing a Hoodie along with a taller Guy with a White Hoodie as well That definitely was Not in Style then!
So There Are actually 3 people! And there is a man Next to Him on the right and on the Other side Girl and person with lighter haired man They all Look Very Clean And One Has Scruffle Unheard of then! as Every One Else Is wearing Suits as normal Hats We didn't take Lots Of bath due to Wells Drying Up and Water supply's But it is a flood!& they All 3 look Pretty Good for the times!!! as that was the beginning of WWII In September 1939 & Canada Was One of the First involved!
I wonder If The Did A vacation In the Past!?!? Huh

Pre-War And Post-War 1940s Fashion Trends.
http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/40sclothes.html

The sweater Looks Like it is made of Hemp Which Was Banned In 1938.

These sunglasses are made Of what looks Like to be Plastic Bur 3 photos Down are what the glasses looked like that he is wearing, They became popular In the 1960's to wear.
http://blog.oo.com.au/2009/08/sunglasses-through-the-ages/

This Is the Shirt this Guy is wearing "Classic" "Mid Life Crisis" Shirt if you notice The 2 diferent Colors On The M logo. http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/royal-blue-super-m-t-shirts-C4408A5439547

IP Logged

Cap. Science
Junior Member Level 2

Skeptical man of science

Reply #48 - Jul 2nd, 2011, 6:35am

Owlscrying wrote on Apr 19th, 2010, 6:35am:

Reopening of the South Fork Bridge after flood in Nov. 1940. 1941 (?)

Its the short description for the photograph shown at the virtual Bralorne Pioneer Museum, from British Columbia, Canada.

Did you notice anything out of place? Or perhaps, out of time?

The man with what appears to be very modern sunglasses seems to be wearing a stamped T-shirt with a nice sweater, all the while holding a portable compact camera!

Continued...
Source

In the photo you can tell its a s Wisconsin state shirt, leather jacket, camera like that and sun glasses were all available at the time. It would be nice but time travel is highly unlikely. still I have on way of proving my point and you have the right to think what you think.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2011, 2:15pm by Evie »  

IP Logged

GoldenJackal

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #49 - Jul 6th, 2011, 1:58am

The shirt appears to have the Michigan logo which was available in the 1940s.

http://www.michiganfootballprograms.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/M...

IP Logged

unusuallystrange
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #50 - Jul 24th, 2011, 1:27am

Hmm.....very nice photo.The man does look very out of place.He looks very under dressed compared to all the other men who are wearing hats and suits...he just looks like hes wearing a zip up hoodie and a tee shirt... that and all the other men are clean shaven while he looks like he has a 5 o clock shadow...weird!

IP Logged

jtsix
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #51 - Aug 1st, 2011, 1:23am

Great finding on this one .... Smiley Smiley make my hair stand on my head..

IP Logged

LstInAmbivalence

On a Journey...
Howell, NJ
Reply #52 - Aug 7th, 2011, 8:15pm

ITS DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!  TIME LORD!!!!  LOL

As much as we thirst for approval, we dread condemnation.

*-*-Tiffany Ann-*-*

AIM  
IP Logged

Hunter76
Interim Member

Fear is the only mistake
man makes
Nashville, TN
Reply #53 - Aug 9th, 2011, 3:30am

Time travel has always fascinated me. Even though I am skeptical and realize there are many hoaxes out there, I still think it's possible. If astro-projection is possible, as many authentic mediums and psychics say, why not time travel? Maybe it's not in a physical sense where we get into a machine and transport ourselves in time. Maybe it's a meta-spiritual phenomena. If we can project ourselves to another place in spirit and see remote viewing, why can't we do the same through time? Is there any research on this aspect of time travel?

GTalk  
IP Logged

St Force
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #54 - Aug 10th, 2011, 9:38pm

It took me a while to spot him but when I did it made me jump. How very odd...

IP Logged

Quantum Hexed
Newbie Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Dallas
Reply #55 - Aug 12th, 2011, 4:58pm

this is amazing Shocked

YIM | AIM  
IP Logged

ogsmiles
Interim Member

Stuff and Things!!! :)

Houston, TX
Reply #56 - Aug 18th, 2011, 6:57am

I find the article to be filled with a lot of misinformation.  One, being the "modern sunglasses"; which are in fact mountaineer glasses that date back decades.  Stamped T-shirts, have been around since before WWI, the one he is wearing looks to have the old Michigan University seal on it, the modern logo looks much different.  Also compact cameras of that design existed at that time period.

This leads to other questions.  

One, if he was from the future; why would he visit the opening of a bridge in some remote town in Canada?

Two, if he was from the "future", why wouldn't he be using a more modern camera, which would be 1/3 the size?

For a time traveler he has to be one of the dumbest because his sense of "blending in" is utter failure.  That's why I refuse to accept this; because, I don't believe that anyone with the capacity to travel back and forth in time would be so oblivious to their surroundings.

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed". -Mark Twain
IP Logged

yoyolanda
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #57 - Sep 9th, 2011, 4:17pm

it's all so interesting but unfortunately I'm not buying it...the fact he uses an old camera just confirms the fact that there is nothing abnormal or odd about...
It is facinating to think about the possibility of time travel though. I'm sure it happens we just arn't fully aware of it as yet... hmm wackado

IP Logged

B Widow.
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Liverpool England
Reply #58 - Sep 12th, 2011, 11:18pm

This is a man who back then would have been called a Beatnick. There is nothing unusual about the man, he isnt a time traveller. He is just a young man, who happens to be in a crowd of people who dress not so casualy. Absurd to think people think he is a time traveller. If you google Beatnicks and look at images, you will see the similar dress and sunglasses and hairstyle.

IP Logged

Seagypsy
Moderators

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #59 - Sep 13th, 2011, 1:19am

Hmm great theory except that beatniks came about in the 1950's. This photo is at least 10 years too early for this. Also most people dressed in the manner of that crowd back then.

"Those who hear not the music,
Think the dancers mad."

IP Logged

ZOUHARIS
Junior Member Level 2

I am seven in one and
one of three
MARLBORO, MA
Reply #60 - Sep 17th, 2011, 11:36pm

very cool

IP Logged

Marlena
Interim Member Level 5

Love the life u live,
don't live the life u
love.

Reply #61 - Sep 20th, 2011, 7:39pm

This image may be a time traveler from the present who time traveled to the past. However, this photo just seems like somewhat of a photoshoot to me. I say this because I believe in time travel but not to the point here you can clearly see every aspect of what they look like and are wearing in detail.

IP Logged

TheEVPman
Grande Fellow

Seeking the truth
Oklahoma USA.
Reply #62 - Sep 25th, 2011, 11:51pm

Maybe it's John Titor?

IP Logged

mysteryseeker

Ignorance is bliss...

Reply #63 - Sep 27th, 2011, 11:56pm

good but i think the idea of time travel is a bit far, there were clothes an accessorys like this around in the 40s

IP Logged

Techguy32
Interim Member Level 2

Paranormal Investigator

Southampton UK
Reply #64 - Oct 2nd, 2011, 9:08am

thats a pretty cool pic, if its the real deal

IP Logged

Euphy

♥ Love ♥

Reply #65 - Oct 29th, 2011, 7:46am

That is truly interesting to see. Thank You for sharing.

Euphy

♥ Love ♥

IP Logged

anony1mouse
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #66 - Oct 30th, 2011, 5:34am

I still don't know what to think of this photo, or the possibility of physical time-travel...I'd be curious to hear what people's thoughts are on it, in terms of 'how it could have been achieved' if it were possible. Are we talking a 'meditation in the mountains' kind of travel or a 'time machine' more technological phenomena or a link to alien abduction? Does anybody have a link to a website that goes into more explanation what those that truly believe in this photo think?

IP Logged

ChaoticLife
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Georgia
Reply #67 - Oct 31st, 2011, 1:32am

I can't tell whether it is real or not, but everyone has made excellent points. At first I thought it might be the old Mountain Dew logo on the shirt, but it's a bit too centered. Sad I do see how it could have been edited or even been someone from the time period, but it's fun to think that he might really be from the future!  Smiley Either way, it was a very fascinating picture and article. Thank you for sharing!

IP Logged

lillfish
Newbie Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #68 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 2:23pm

cant they do that to pictures now
and video and things  thanks

IP Logged

Scorpion_Queen
Newbie Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #69 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 5:21pm

I dont think the arms belong to the guy behind him, it looks as though he has on a long sleeved shirt and a wool vest. I love the glasses he's wearing, definently a style that doesnt currently exist. and look athe girl further down his row looking at the camera in a fascinating manner..kind of in a "ooh what is that, I wanna touch it" manner. cool pic Wink

IP Logged

Scorpion_Queen
Newbie Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #70 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 5:28pm

The logo'ed shirt even looks like it could be a hoodie

IP Logged

Inkblade

Collective Consciousness!

Honduras C.A.
Reply #71 - Nov 7th, 2011, 8:59pm

Really cool pic! I love it. I was so intrigued that i started zooming in and checking out the details of the sunglasses, and even trying to see if I could identify that camera since I like photography so much i though it was a good try. But well what I can say is that the subject in question is deffinitely "out" of synch with everyone else in that pic. First of all I see that most of the younger people in the picture are reporters or photographers, and usually im guessing in the 1940's crouds were very homogenenous. In this croud that shows because most of the people in the croud are older people and he is in that croud like he was part of it... which I find odd. Even if he was a photographer or media related he would be wearing more professional clothing... at least in my opinion. Then there is the issue on the glasses. 1940s glasses that I am aware are more kind of like the wayfarer look or aviator look... these are like the modern glasses that have come out with polarization and what not.

so i googled!  and i found this...
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread554765/pg3

haha. looks like this picture has been studies not only once.

thanks for sharing.

MSN | Skype/VoIP  
IP Logged

purplerose
Full Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Australia
Reply #72 - Nov 21st, 2011, 6:03am

Wow this is amazing , i would love to zoom in on the camera he is holding and see what brand it is .

IP Logged

lorrayne

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #73 - Nov 30th, 2011, 10:11am

hes not from the future.those glasses where around back then.so where the clothes hes wearing.id be more inclined to look at the man in the middle of the photo.hes wearing a white coat.but the coat dosent look right for back then
heres some info on it

IP Logged

pumkin
Full Member Level 4

Smiles and Hugs
USA
Reply #74 - Dec 3rd, 2011, 4:10am

After reading the source article it is may or my no be authetic.  The right arm looks lik it is a different material then his sweater and in the article it is suggested that it may be from the man behind the "traveler".   I am supprised that people from that time were not lik "who are you."  I am inclined to think that the pic was altered.  On the other hand if it is authenic then what effect would that have on the future.  Wouldn't this create alternate universe.   I would like to know more about this.    Why wouldn't this guy try to dress less obvious. Undecided

IP Logged

Roy
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Bristol TN
Reply #75 - Dec 5th, 2011, 10:04am

Owl this is a great find keep up the good work .......

WWW | GTalk  
IP Logged

bethopenshaw
Fellow Member

I Love my familey
uk northwales
Reply #76 - Dec 7th, 2011, 2:18am

this photo is really good hes young hes wearing a tshirt a camrae and sunglassis do u no who the man is its mad how he is there and jst standing in the crowd how did anyone not notice him and i wornder where the pics are what he took on his camrae i really like this pic its really intresing an i want to no more about it an the man who stands out from the crowd i want to no who he is the really doctor who lol xxx

beth xx

IP Logged

bethopenshaw
Fellow Member

I Love my familey
uk northwales
Reply #77 - Dec 7th, 2011, 2:39am

well i liked this photo but now i have read more on the treads what someone left and now am not so sure about it i would like to think it is real but am in to minds now

beth xx

IP Logged

lorrayne

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #78 - Dec 8th, 2011, 10:01am

that was proven to be a fake they had those clothes back then for mountain climbers and those are the glasses that mountain climbers used back then also Barbara Stanwyck on the movie Double Indemnity wore dark glasses these nothing unusual about him but saying that theres a man in a white jackek and dark jumper with a smallish woman standing behind him  shes looking towards the camera  theres something not right about that jacket.look wat everyone else is wearing
another thing they had back then was top of the range colour video cameras  but only a few millionaires had them apparently they were way beyond there time

IP Logged

Owlscrying
Global Moderator

7th Sense

Reply #79 - Dec 8th, 2011, 3:39pm

Nothing has been proven.

All has been speculation, (as in maybe, might be, probably) based on logic, not fact.

Understandably, even if the photo is authentic, by no means is it proof of "time travelling"

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2011, 3:40pm by Owlscrying »  

IP Logged

SuperDuperMan717
Junior Member Level 2

Cro na Ditein
Indiana, USA
Reply #80 - Dec 8th, 2011, 9:55pm

Just an observation. I don't think the futuristic looking man is actually holding the camera because the materials don't match with his hoddie. I think he what we call in the video game realm as "clipping". Clipping is when a player or object has no physical collision win another object making it appear that they are one singular object.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2011, 9:57pm by SuperDuperMan717 »  

IP Logged

DesireeDonelle
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

IL USA
Reply #81 - Dec 14th, 2011, 4:45am

OK maybe I'm wrong...but here goes my theory. I think its a reenactment  photo. Maybe something for an album for a band or something in that nature. An example would be Brad Pitt recently doing a photo just like the Eraser Head cover. Just a thought.

IP Logged

SuperDuperMan717
Junior Member Level 2

Cro na Ditein
Indiana, USA
Reply #82 - Dec 16th, 2011, 4:54am

I kind of like the idea of an reenactment photo. Not out of the realm of possiblity either.

IP Logged

DesireeDonelle
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

IL USA
Reply #83 - Jan 18th, 2012, 6:38am

I really don't mean to cause an argument but this is my thoughts on this one. I was really fascinated by this and saved the photo, I did some photo editing and if you look very carefully there a couple of people who look like famous actors. One even looks like Michael Keaton, in my opinion this is not an authentic photo. Just a reenactment.

IP Logged

braddey
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #84 - Jan 26th, 2012, 7:55am

Yeah, I don't know, either a reenactment seems possible. It also could be photo shopped. I just argue that if time travel were possible wouldn't reality as well know it stop existing. You could pretty much altar the past and change the future. Yeah, I know sounds like it's out of a movie, but it makes sense, right xD ?
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012, 7:56am by braddey »  

IP Logged

angelsarereal
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Lexington, Kentucky
Reply #85 - Feb 1st, 2012, 10:20pm

Actually this is bizarre. There is a University here in Kentucky that starts with an M and the logo sort of looks like that on the t shirt.  I wish it showed more of the shirt  then I could be more certain if it represents that university or not.
Peace, love, light and laughter.

Peace Love Light and Laughter to All
angelsarereal (aka valorie12 in chat)

IP Logged

michael8264
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #86 - Mar 4th, 2012, 4:40pm

Could be a time traveler, would like to see some research to see if those sun glasses and clothes were available at that time

IP Logged

angelsarereal
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Lexington, Kentucky
Reply #87 - Mar 5th, 2012, 3:13am

DesireeDonelle,
I never thought about that, but it is possible. Thanks for another way of looking at it.

Peace Love Light and Laughter to All
angelsarereal (aka valorie12 in chat)

IP Logged

moonlich
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #88 - Apr 24th, 2012, 12:45am

yes I do see the person in the pic with the sun glasses, he  doesn't look like he belongs in that pic.  he looks very out of place. an interesting pic for sure.

IP Logged

Bill
Senior Member Level 2

Canada
Reply #89 - Apr 25th, 2012, 6:14pm

I really enjoyed reading your post about the time traveller. And since the incident took place in British Columbia where I was raised made it that much more interesting. If time travelling is true, then perhaps we may get our chance one day to do this as well. Let's just hope that if we ever got the chance to time travel , that it would not be at an inconvenient time for us to do so. And I for one Owls am glad you shared this post . Again thanks Wink

IP Logged

Vixin0G
Senior Member Level 4

:)

Reply #90 - May 10th, 2012, 8:09pm

omg! I thought at first.. this can't be real.. but examining it more.. i just wow can't believe it.. that's amazing! i'm going to save this and show people Cheesy thanks for this! Grin

IP Logged

fallSweetHeart
Grande Fellow

Earth
Reply #91 - May 12th, 2012, 1:22am

Oh my gosh! No way!!!

So you will always be in my heart, with unconditional love.
IP Logged

Gojira2006
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Maine
Reply #92 - May 13th, 2012, 6:04pm

The sunglasses look a little bit like the ones Claude Rains wore when he portrayed the Invisible Man in the 1933 film . . . Smiley The jersey with the apparent logo could be one similar to the ones worn by hockey or football (American) players at the time . . . It's an interesting photo, whatever the case . . . Wink
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2012, 6:45pm by Gojira2006 »  

IP Logged

Bigjim
Interim Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #93 - May 17th, 2012, 10:04pm

I think.. its one of two things

Either its just a guy who has a great Grandma who was good at knitting and didnt want to go out all formal, his glasses dont look like no ordinary sunglasses to me looks like motherbike goggles or some sort of work glasses

Also his camera does not look all that modern at all..

The other option is he has been photo cropped in there i understand that they say nothings been tampered with but take a look at his right arm to me it does not look like it should be in that angle.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

IP Logged

corii
Junior Member Level 2

canada
Reply #94 - Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:33am

If its  what it seems wow,  interesting how he blends in yet stands out, doesn't seem to be drawing much attention from the people standing next him. This is very interesting.

IP Logged

Spritey
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Nevada
Reply #95 - Jun 5th, 2012, 9:33pm

Cool pic. THanks for sharing. He sure is interested in the goins on lolo.

Angels among us

IP Logged

Aminomsk
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #96 - Jun 14th, 2012, 2:04pm

I think they had cameras like that in the 1940's...

IP Logged

Solum
Grande Fellow

Reply #97 - Jun 14th, 2012, 3:00pm

Time travelers to the past don't exist so it's a forgery. The only exception to reverse time travel is that it is possible for a very short period of time for an electromagnetic signal, not a person.

IP Logged

Aminomsk
Junior Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #98 - Jun 14th, 2012, 5:22pm

Chaotica: what if he came from a time that isn't where we live? Like, the future, where people have invented how to send people to the past. Doesn't necessarily have to be from around this time.

But yeah, it's pretty hard to make things move in time. So far the biggest we've managed is subatomic particles.
To move back in time you'd have to somehow hit a speed faster than light and it's not so easy to do, because it's a limit imposed on the universe to preserve cause and effect.
But then again on the other hand the past could be changing constantly and we just think it isn't.
How do you know that your memories are real?

Sometimes I can't sleep because of questions like this :I

IP Logged

Solum
Grande Fellow

Reply #99 - Jun 14th, 2012, 8:56pm

Time travel is not possible; because, if it were, do you realize how many decisions would have already been changed considering how resource-minded the universe is? They obviously can't or they would. Furthermore, there is no way for any living thing to travel faster than the speed of light or even anywhere near it. No living body could handle that kind of force. Besides, it is unnecessary for space travel. The keys to space travel are the tiny dimensions and all of the empty space in matter.

It doesn't matter whether or not our memories are real or if the reality we experience is the actual reality. What matters is that we are doing the things that are the best we can do in the philosophical sense because that is the only way we can measure our actions in a verifiable way. Whether or not choosing loving and serving ways of contributing constructively actually accomplishes anything real, we don't know; but, what we do know is that it is correct from a philosophical perspective because it has the most power to do good. In any case, it's hard to imagine that a malevolent force is in charge or otherwise they would hate the power of love and therefore would not encourage it.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2012, 8:59pm by Solum »  

IP Logged

psychic1111
Fellow Member

awake jedi warriors

Reply #100 - Jun 24th, 2012, 10:46am

SORRY I AM NOT SURE ON THIS. THE ANGLE OF THE BODY IS NOT ALIGNED WITH THE REST OF THE PEOPLE. PERHAPS HE JUST BLEEPED IN AND OUT. THIS PIC HAS COME UP ELSEWHERE. I AM STILL ON THE FENCE. Cheesy

ii am psychic.i do predictions and healings. my blog shows proof of 75% accuracy.http://bakara55.blogspot.com

IP Logged

missdeadlocks
Junior Member Level 2

In the end the love you
make is the love you
take

Reply #101 - Jun 26th, 2012, 3:12am

well, I can tell you that the tshirt is a mighty mouse tshirt which was right from that time, the camera is not modern it was also a model from that time and since this is the age of greasers it would make sense for his hair to look like this ungreased. Is he perhaps following another trend from this era and looks out of place from the suits? The glasses, well, that is another story. But all other things mathc up with time.

IP Logged

Dylan73
Full Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #102 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 3:25am

That is a pretty wild photo! What an interesting thing to ponder...

IP Logged

twinkletoes
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #103 - Jul 24th, 2012, 4:56pm

Hmm wow, thats pretty cool
Although Im not a beliver of time travel myself, this picture is still baffling

Twinks
Xxx

IP Logged

mylove4sammy
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

North Carolina
Reply #104 - Aug 10th, 2012, 12:13am

Would this photo have been photo shopped? It could have been. Still interesting to see how odd the man looks standing in a completely different time! Huh

IP Logged

zen faran
Interim Member Level 3

I Love The Paranormal

Estonia
Reply #105 - Aug 10th, 2012, 6:06am

Hmmm, these kind of sunglasses with sideblockers already existed in 1940s. Also this camera could be 1940s camera, it's too small photo to eliminate this possibility.
And I have read comments where people have guessed that this T-shirt has a front letter sewed on, which was usual for college football teams back then. So I think he was just a young modern guy back then, not a time traveller. Smiley

"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

IP Logged

mscarib
Interim Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #106 - Aug 10th, 2012, 10:36pm

hmmmm interesting

IP Logged

Eagle6205
Full Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Oklahoma
Reply #107 - Aug 22nd, 2012, 8:10pm

Though I want to be logical about the photo,I can't thorw out the possibility. I believe in time travel call me crazy but I do.

before the wright brothers or  Leo devinci we didnt believe we could fly and now we have planes and not only that but Jets that go so fast the break the sound barrier. We didn't know that was possible either and now we do. The speed of light... The list could keep going but. I think a man time traveling would be bound to be seen in a historial photo due to logic.

If you were to go back in time you wouldn't travel to yesterday,you would travel way back, not only this but you wouldn't travel back to do your everyday stuff like walk or sight see you would go back to specific events, important events where cameras would be.

If you went back to before cameras then you wouldn't be able to come back to the future and look for your appearance in a photo while you attended the past event. Logically You would want to be captured on film to give some shred of proof you did it and it was possible.

Anyone hear about the guy who appeared at the atom crusher machine?

I think it was the one in France and said he traveled from the future to tell them to stop their experiment and take all the Mt dews out of the coke machines at the facility and stop Kitt kat bars from ever being invented or distributed in the facilty.

He claimed that his time machine resembled that of a blender in the kitchen. They have yet to find out who this man is or was.  

Makes ya wonder.

IP Logged

aciaofwhiterain
Interim Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #108 - Sep 12th, 2012, 3:42am

Wow...there really isnt something that people usually see.  Its cool!

IP Logged

jesse rose

Be who you are cause you
can't be anybody else.

kentucky
Reply #109 - Oct 11th, 2012, 6:40am

This photo is awesome..IT really made me begin to ponder things. Thanks for the great find! This makes me want to throw myself into research. I have never considered anything like this. The only time I have even thought of time travel was when I watched the movie The Time Travelers Wife. Smiley

Jesse Rose

IP Logged

ChrissyLou
Grande Fellow

Love is the answer to
everything.
Florida
Reply #110 - Oct 11th, 2012, 11:59pm

CHECK OUT THIS TIME TRAVELER IN A CHARLIE CHAPLIN MOVIE.....ACTUALLY, I WILL POST 2 VIDEOS OF TIME TRAVEL!!

[color=#ff0000]WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???  IS IT REAL??? Undecided Cheesy

IP Logged

evansan7
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #111 - Oct 12th, 2012, 4:47am

Well, I tend to be a skeptic and the photo does look like a fake to me.  But it is cool to think about!  Maybe it's the Doctor!!!  *dreamy sigh*  All we need now is a little blue police box in the background.

IP Logged

Nata
Fellow Member

Live, Love and laugh
Victoria, British Columbia
Reply #112 - Oct 12th, 2012, 8:55am

Anything is possible.. If its possible then its well hidden, but then again.. What about big foot, Or aliens or all the rest.

How can we truely say this is fake when in reality, Most cannot see spirits but that dosent mean they arnt there or real.

Great find, I can only just imagine how the preducer of these movies felt after watching them.. lol

You never know..

Nata

~*Nata*~

IP Logged

katie72093
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Chicago, IL
Reply #113 - Oct 18th, 2012, 12:37am

Looks like it was photo shopped. Still a cool pic though Smiley

IP Logged

Modele32
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #114 - Oct 22nd, 2012, 9:58pm

Wow Im amazed this is one cool photo... nice...

IP Logged

bean bag
Senior Member Level 3

<3 is the key
united states
Reply #115 - Nov 1st, 2012, 9:26pm

wow that is so crazy to think about but is oddly comforting in a strange way. Kinda as if it lets you know humanity will be around for even longer than expected, but lol I couldn't spot it till you pointed it out in your description.

IP Logged

foreverbroken10
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #116 - Nov 3rd, 2012, 2:34am

Now ppl who truely do time travel only wear their current clothes or can they actually change into the past or future clothing?

IP Logged

Firerayne
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #117 - Nov 13th, 2012, 7:35pm

Could this be a re-enactment pic? If it's that old my hubby who takes pics was wondering where the grain is from the pic?

IP Logged

froggyrup
Fellow Member

nc usa
Reply #118 - Dec 31st, 2012, 5:38am

hmmm very interisting i dont no if i beleive in time travel there would have to be soooo many layers too many i think since future always changing

IP Logged

LindseyAnne81
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #119 - Dec 31st, 2012, 2:00pm

I'm the skeptic here. I say there's no possible way that's a genuine photograph. If a person had dressed like that, in a time where EVERY man wore a hat outside and a jacket, he would have attracted a lot of attention. The people in the photograph aren't paying any attention to him at all. My guess? Either staged or an excellent photoshop job.

IP Logged

GHaile
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Rockford, IL USA
Reply #120 - Dec 31st, 2012, 6:44pm

First off, great find and post lol I immediately cracked up laughing because dude sticks out like so much. Too funny man. I figured it was just a photoshop job as well....but the article had a link to the Canadian museum....since I don't have a life I checked it out a bit which entailed browsing through the 154 pictures in the gallery. Sure enough, that picture is in fact hanging in a Canadian Museum somewhere lol. As the article explained it is quite possible that dude was just fashionable for his time. They did have shirts and cameras like that. Even so, it's still a very cool picture and makes you wonder. Ya never know, could be a time traveler lol. It would be a trip if that dude showed up in another photo somewhere. I will forever be looking for him in old pictures now.  Cheesy

IP Logged

kelseyann
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

slc
Reply #121 - Jan 5th, 2013, 1:17am

thats so funny Roll Eyes

IP Logged

guided2c
Senior Member Level 4

Sharing of Spirit is an
Honor
Illinois
Reply #122 - Jan 7th, 2013, 10:07pm

The lady who appears to be on a cell phone does indeed look like a man but I believe it was a woman, afterall.
There could be many reasons why she is holding her hand to her face. Some examples: she had a toothache, her wig was falling off, or shes having a reaction to the wig, she hit the side of her face or possibly was hit by someone and she was covering it up.
The lack of make-up and the masculine look was common back then. She "was" an older woman - or man....she looked like she wore dentures as well...not sure if full dentures as that would blow my possible theories...or lol...maybe she did in fact have dentures and they kept slipping or rubbing on her gums!
Thats what it is!
Well, those are my thoughts on "the cell phone lady" - not to be misconstrued as fact.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think." -Socrates
Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others. -Buddha
YIM  
IP Logged

yodagreen
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

ohio
Reply #123 - Jan 26th, 2013, 3:53am

I haven't read all the comments but as a time traveler this is fascinating thank you owl thank you.

Trying to use a avatar that doesn't look smug or something. I just wanted a profile picture not my picture in my avatar...

IP Logged

IndianWolf
Senior Member Level 2

♥ IndianWolf ♥

Reply #124 - Feb 8th, 2013, 1:15am

Wow Owl thats an amazing photo, At first I didnt notice him and then after awhile I kept thinking something dont look right about this photo and out of nowhere I seen him, He looks so out of place, wearing sunglasses and I do see the Camera, As for his shirt I am seeing the Letter M not sure what that means, I still cant believe how amazing that is. Thanks for sharing it Owl.

IP Logged

yodagreen
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

ohio
Reply #125 - Mar 3rd, 2013, 5:26pm

I've said before and would again time travel is real. I have done it on occasion.

Trying to use a avatar that doesn't look smug or something. I just wanted a profile picture not my picture in my avatar...

IP Logged

Speechless16

Your Love Is Magical

Reply #126 - Mar 8th, 2013, 4:37pm

Are we sure this isn't photoshopped?
I don't know if I believe in time travel, although these stories do send eerie chills up my spine.

IP Logged

NO LONGER USED

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE

Reply #127 - Jun 3rd, 2013, 5:20pm

Thanks for sharing Owls! Wonderful photo! I think it is possible for that to have been made on purpose, that or it was done a good 40 years ago and this was a way of making art more interesting? Hmmm, Its quite tricky to decide what happened...I'm not to sure about this one. Still good find! Smiley

I have moved on to brighter days.

IP Logged

ShadowXXIVIJin
Full Member Level 3

Knowledge is power ;)
or something like that

Florida
Reply #128 - Jun 22nd, 2013, 4:34am

I have to say owls tushay or however u spell it. i generally disregard photos etc. and most things as perceptive flaws , however, in this case this individual with sun glasses looks quite peculiar ty for actually posting something out of the ordinary. Smiley very strange indeed my friend.

IP Logged

ShadowXXIVIJin
Full Member Level 3

Knowledge is power ;)
or something like that

Florida
Reply #129 - Jun 22nd, 2013, 4:36am

especially since we know about space time fabric and its potential for manipulation since the web is virtually one in the same. Cheesy

IP Logged

classic_past68
Junior Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #130 - Jul 23rd, 2013, 2:48pm

If time travel was a possibility for me right now oh the things I would do. I like how nobody in the picture is looking at this guy like a total freak haha Smiley

IP Logged

psychicladyshar
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #131 - Sep 16th, 2013, 11:45pm

yeah he is totally out of place entirely. Even his hair:0). Great photo! I time travel, well spiritually and peak in, so maybe someone caught me:0).

I'm clairvoyant, medium, I remote view and astral travel. I use objects and peer through people. I read on past life, love life, career, spirit activity and sometimes health and spirit guides.; I'm currently giving readings in my thread posted in the members free reading forum. I would like to practice again.

IP Logged

alyna
Junior Member Level 5

I Love The Paranormal

romania bucuresti
Reply #132 - Oct 15th, 2013, 4:47pm

waw this photos is great ,really is very strange because is not from peisaje is away from the rest of the people ,the cothes the hayr and offcourse the camera he hold in his hands show he is from future ,there are so meny photos like this but few people the observe very good this little diffrence

IP Logged

_Moogie_

Exploring and Learning

USA
Reply #133 - Nov 2nd, 2013, 3:03am

This picture pops up from time to time. I still don't know about this one.

IP Logged

sweettink
Moderators

Remember to breathe deeply

Reply #134 - Dec 17th, 2013, 3:52pm

This is a great photo, I wonder if this man has actually seen this photo of himself!  

...  ☆★☆�.��*����*��.�☆ ★ ☆�.��*����*��.�☆ ★ ☆�.��*����*��.�☆★☆

IP Logged

primsieprincess

I Love The Paranormal

harlan
Reply #135 - Dec 19th, 2013, 2:49am

I love that photo !

IP Logged

davidg
Junior Member Level 4

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #136 - Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:08pm

It just seems to me like a guy who dressed differently than everyone else and nothing else.  Although it would be pretty cool if it was a time traveler, I am afraid I just don't see it...

IP Logged

curiousmystery
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #137 - Jan 4th, 2014, 4:12pm

is this unphotoshopped?? if this picture hasn't been tweaked, he looks strange. I had to really look at the image to see what you were referencing.

IP Logged

b2d

I Love The Paranormal

Sydney
Reply #138 - Jan 24th, 2014, 1:33am

That's amazing... I hope it's real! If it is real, it is a time traveller.

IP Logged

mrstar
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #139 - Jan 24th, 2014, 11:28am

He is not a time traverler!

My first thought instantly was how comes he's not wearing anything never yet seen all things we have now and even back then in date of the photo sure he looks diffrent than the rest,

But would be like a english man going to a even in the usa he his fasion and way he dressed would look diffrent,

The sunglasses, and the camera. ,  and even his nitted top was all around and availible to buy at time of the photo as the rest of the post will tell you when you click this link

MSN  
IP Logged

yodagreen
Supernumerary Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

ohio
Reply #140 - Jan 24th, 2014, 5:55pm

The government isn't that stupid about time travel. They don't send some one to the 40s with a brand new pair of clothing from the year 2084.

IP Logged

Absolute plane
Fellow Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #141 - Jan 27th, 2014, 6:56am

Thanks Star. The link you posted has some valid points and its not a time traveler as it offers nothing we have not seen to suspect it to be a traveler.

IP Logged

holiji
Full Member Level 3

mississippi
Reply #142 - Apr 7th, 2014, 10:26pm

Interesting

Holiji

IP Logged

lovejoyeternity
Full Member Level 3

~ Eternal Compassion ~

Reply #143 - Apr 8th, 2014, 1:00am

It looks like some type of old fashion technology for his eyes. Shades don't have that thick of a "temple replacement" (the part of the glasses that goes on the ears to keep the glasses on your face).

May there be Love and Joy for Eternity

IP Logged

Rabbit
Junior Member Level 4

I like my coffee... Lestat

Reply #144 - Apr 11th, 2014, 8:54pm

Woah....my mind is blown. There are some extremely convincing time traveler photos out there. I could definitely buy into such...though I am a major Whovian, haha!  Grin

"Don't stir the pot if you don't want stew". -Myself

IP Logged

Peaceful_
Full Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal...

usa
Reply #145 - May 2nd, 2014, 5:18pm

I dont know about this photo being real  Undecided.... But i definitly believe time travel is possable.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2014, 5:20pm by Peaceful_ »  

IP Logged

SkepytheTic
Full Member Level 2

The reality skeptic

Reply #146 - Jul 14th, 2014, 8:23pm

Honestly I think the 't-shirt' is in reality a woven sweater vest which were fairly common in the 40's those sun glasses also existed in the 40's. The 'camera' I'm not to sure about as I have very little experience with that sort of thing.

While he does look out of place all in all he does seem to match attire that existed in the 40's maybe he is just eccentric?

IP Logged

rene21
Interim Member Level 2

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #147 - Aug 19th, 2014, 8:37am

this is awesome

IP Logged

anna7

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #148 - Jan 11th, 2015, 10:48am

It is hard to believe,who knows anyway!

IP Logged

holiji
Full Member Level 3

mississippi
Reply #149 - Jan 15th, 2015, 10:50pm

Nope its real and no he is not a time traveler. In the 1940's men and women had shades, cameras and clothes that looked like that. He was probably a photographer back in the day.

Holiji

IP Logged

LaurieLee

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #150 - May 13th, 2015, 6:58pm

that guy kind of looks ok in that time period.  The hair is right, the jacket is probably ok, the t-shirt?  The t-shirt definitely looks out of place.  It's too small for me to see what he's holding.

IP Logged

emsky

Yorkshire, UK
Reply #151 - Jun 7th, 2015, 11:08am

Not sure whether I believe in time travel or not, it's certainly a fascinating concept and this photo is very intriguing.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

IP Logged

Vince Black

An attack is proof that
one is out of control

Reply #152 - Jul 4th, 2015, 4:00pm

Don't know what the true explanation is, but I know plenty of people who could easily doctor a photo like this. Especially in black and white.

On the possibility of time travel, I've had a couple "dreams" where another psychic I consulted was convinced was me traveling back through time. They had to do with twin moons in the sky, one clear as a bell but the other distorted and difficult to focus on. Focusing on the distorted moon consequently made the clear moon more distorted.

I am torn
As always
Between action and inaction
Unclear as to which
If either
Will make a difference

IP Logged

Pages: 1