Feb 23rd, 2017, 4:16pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister
Psychic Paranormal Forums - Anybodythere.netGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceGeneral Discussion Board › Phobias....
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 19
(Read 83442 times)
Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Phobias....
Apr 19th, 2011, 6:20am

As I was walking Enzo tonight (that's my dog  Smiley ) I was walking looking at the ground so I could see any frogs that might jump out of nowhere because I am utterly terrified of them, I wouldnt call my fear of them a phobia but it made me wonder what phobias do ABT members have  Smiley

A phobia is basically an irrational and sometimes unnecessary fear of something and you would be surprised the amount of phobias there are from ablutophobia, the fear of bathing or showering to bibliophobia, fear of books, from cacophobia, fear of ugliness to phobophobia, the fear of fear itself.

I have a great fear for frogs and thou is not a phobia I have, the name for it would be Batrachophobia

I also have a phobia of clusters and holes, trypophobia

I have a phobia for spiders too, arachnophobia.

I have a phobia for enclosed spaces, claustrophobia.

I hope we can get some replies to this one, I am truly curious  Grin

Love and Light

Mels

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
MSN  
IP Logged

Angahith
Grande Fellow

In the rainy paradise
Re: Phobias....
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2011, 7:14am

I am terrified of dying in water (well drowning yeah) in a confined space while it is dark. Incredibly specific I know  Grin but I have nightmares about it and am seriously so afraid of it. I don't know why it is that specifically because I bloody love water but in an enclosed space no no. Swimming pools are fine too. Maybe its like a combination of claustrophobia and aquaphobia, I have no idea.  Undecided Or not being able to escape...yeah no idea.

And buildings falling over. That just doesn't make any sense at all but again I am not surprised. I have dreams about that too and yeah somedays I go out of my mind thinking the building is going to fall over. Wow, that just sounds crazy the more I type.

They aren't too serious though. Thank goodness for that.

I do feel so so sorry for the people who have serious phobias that they cannot perform day-to-day tasks and it takes up all of their mind. It annoys me how much people make fun of phobias. For some it is so crippling.

IP Logged

AndreaMc
Grande Fellow

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2011, 10:32am

oh gosh!!! well not sure I have any real phobias..maybe I do..

I seem to be faced with whatever fear I have.. hmm IRONICALLY FACED WITH THEM...

SOO I am pretty sure If i give some thought to a fear ill have to deal with it soon. LOL so I will just watch this thread Smiley

Love Ya mels!!

IP Logged

Amzey

loves to smile!
uk
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2011, 11:04am

my phobias are spiders!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! i dont know why but cor they give me the creeps and make my heart pound! lol!
xxx

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2011, 4:10pm

LOL Angahith, I dont think they are all that crazy, look at me, I am terrified of little holes and clusters, terrified I tell you, just the thought of them makes me itchy, if I see them my whole body starts itching I just have to scratch sometimes actually making myself bleed, crazy I know but I cant stop the itching and I start shaking and get sweaty and everything, is completely ridiculous, that only happens when im in close proximity  Grin  If I were to be touched by something, lets say, like a beehive I start screaming like a maniac on top of everything else lol  Cheesy

Happy give it some thought and if you think of any phobias let me know  Wink

BTW I love you too  Smiley

Amzey, well, if you just read what happens to me when I see clusters just imagine how fast I run when I see a spider within a mile of me  Cheesy

Thank you for sharing guys  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Mels

MSN  
IP Logged

AndreaMc
Grande Fellow

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2011, 5:12am

I think I fear talking about fear LOL  Tongue

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2011, 5:45am

Hahahahahaha I guess that works Happy  Smiley

MSN  
IP Logged

kyanite1
Interim Member Level 3

Peace within is key

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2011, 12:45pm

Glossophobia  interesting name for fear of public speaking.  Thank goodness I don't really have to do any in my job.  Used to have Pteromerhanophobia and would never fly till I was 35 and my father was terminal.  He always told me I would fly one day and love it and he was right! I just have to not watch the news if I have a flight coming up and ask  Angels to ride with me the entire trip.

Be still, Be silent, Be at peace.

IP Logged

DEATH OMEN
Grande Fellow

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2011, 2:01pm

Came across an intereting one, PHASMOPHOBIA: "An abnormal and persistent fear of" ghosts and the unknown".( The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World,p.534, Theresa Cheung) Now as for me, not that many, Black Widow spiders, big meat eating animals, in the wild, sharks(only get anxious when SCUBA diving),and a few more that are more private than public. Smiley

If I was smart, I'd be somewhere else.
Overachievers are depressives gone manic.
Who talks more, you or yourself?
To accomplish anything requires lots of screw-ups prior to success.

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2011, 7:24pm

Kyanite1 thank you for sharing  Smiley  had I known you from before I would have agreed with your father, flying is nice.  Just keep doing that, dont watch the news before a flight lol.  Look at it this way, an airplane crash is so rare that when it does happen they publish it in the news and everything, what they dont publish is the thousands of planes that arrive safely to their destination  Wink

Spooky thank you too for sharing.  I didnt know the name for the fear of the paranormal lol.  Thank you for sharing some of your fears with us  Smiley

MSN  
IP Logged

AndreaMc
Grande Fellow

Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2011, 9:55pm

Hey I fear commitment..

I couldnt even commit to writing my fear..which is a fear of fear..

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2011, 10:15pm

Thank you for sharing Happy  Smiley
Smiley Smiley

MSN  
IP Logged

Charmed
Grande Fellow

I'm Waiting For You
Sydney, Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2011, 10:18am

I have a fear of the dark...as in complete darkness.  I even sleep with a lamp on.  I can control it enough to walk through a dark room but I definitely can't sleep in one.  I feel like there is someone leaning over me and peering into my face.

Charmed

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2011, 3:18pm

charmed....

Thank you for sharing with us.  I'm not really afraid of the dark but I know what you mean about feeling like someone is looking at you, I have felt the same thing but I usually just close my eyes and turn around lol  Wink

Love and Light

Mels

MSN  
IP Logged

AndreaMc
Grande Fellow

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2011, 3:47pm

LOL here another..is there a fear of creepy doctors touching me?

I have that fear...

Creepydoc-phobia
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2011, 7:18pm

Creepydoc-phobia  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Well, I dont know about the creepy doctors lol but the fear of doctors is called Iatrophobia.
Smiley Smiley

Mels

MSN  
IP Logged

inscrutableroot
Interim Member

I Love The Paranormal

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2011, 7:29am

Phobia is mostly from the unknown. What kind of spider is that? Are there ghosts, and if so, will they sick my soul out my heart? I have no friggin' clue how this metal tube flies through the air.

I was terrified phobia-wise of flying until my ex-husband dumped me. I got on that plane and had no problem.

The worst things are worse than the worst phobias.

IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2011, 9:36am

I agree, there are circumstances and moments when we have to come face to face with our greatest fear and some other times facing our fear is better than the alternative.

MSN  
IP Logged

sapphire109
Grande Fellow

I Love The Paranormal

Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reply #18 - Apr 27th, 2011, 12:15am

I'm scared of heights. I'd go on the biggest rollercoaster, for I know I'm strapped in, but standing too close to the edge of a mountain peek, I don't know just terrifies me. Flies crawling over me, not the dirtyness of it, just the genuine feeling. Fear of being attacked by a man, I refused to wear nighties or anything that showed my legs at night only until recently when I'm slowly getting my confidence back or living on my own lol. My boss paralyses me with fear from something she put me through, it's a constant inward battle to be able to walk past her.  My grandmother's corpse being evil and appearing looking scary to get me. Lmao I'm not scared of ghosts, I'm a spiritual person but I still have irrational phobias! I just live life, they don't pop into my head too often!

Anything is possible.
MSN | Skype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Mels
Supernumerary Fellow

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #19 - Apr 27th, 2011, 5:02am

Well, it is a good thing that they dont interrupt your day to day life, and I sure would be scared of the same things if I were you thou I cannot understand why you are terrified of your boss and even that being the case you still work for her  Shocked

MSN  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 19