06/29/17 at 01:21:45
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
This Forum Is Archived & Read Only Click above to view Event
HomeHelpSearchLogin
Psychic Paranormal ForumGeneral Discussion, Help & GuidanceGeneral Discussion Board › Phobias....
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 73
(Read 85852 times)
Mels

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Phobias....
04/19/11 at 06:20:51

As I was walking Enzo tonight (that's my dog  Smiley ) I was walking looking at the ground so I could see any frogs that might jump out of nowhere because I am utterly terrified of them, I wouldnt call my fear of them a phobia but it made me wonder what phobias do ABT members have  Smiley

A phobia is basically an irrational and sometimes unnecessary fear of something and you would be surprised the amount of phobias there are from ablutophobia, the fear of bathing or showering to bibliophobia, fear of books, from cacophobia, fear of ugliness to phobophobia, the fear of fear itself.

I have a great fear for frogs and thou is not a phobia I have, the name for it would be Batrachophobia

I also have a phobia of clusters and holes, trypophobia

I have a phobia for spiders too, arachnophobia.

I have a phobia for enclosed spaces, claustrophobia.

I hope we can get some replies to this one, I am truly curious  Grin

Love and Light

Mels

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
MSN  
IP Logged

Angahith
God Member

In the rainy paradise
Re: Phobias....
Reply #1 - 04/19/11 at 07:14:40

I am terrified of dying in water (well drowning yeah) in a confined space while it is dark. Incredibly specific I know  Grin but I have nightmares about it and am seriously so afraid of it. I don't know why it is that specifically because I bloody love water but in an enclosed space no no. Swimming pools are fine too. Maybe its like a combination of claustrophobia and aquaphobia, I have no idea.  Undecided Or not being able to escape...yeah no idea.

And buildings falling over. That just doesn't make any sense at all but again I am not surprised. I have dreams about that too and yeah somedays I go out of my mind thinking the building is going to fall over. Wow, that just sounds crazy the more I type.

They aren't too serious though. Thank goodness for that.

I do feel so so sorry for the people who have serious phobias that they cannot perform day-to-day tasks and it takes up all of their mind. It annoys me how much people make fun of phobias. For some it is so crippling.

IP Logged

AndreaMc
God Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/11 at 10:32:57

oh gosh!!! well not sure I have any real phobias..maybe I do..

I seem to be faced with whatever fear I have.. hmm IRONICALLY FACED WITH THEM...

SOO I am pretty sure If i give some thought to a fear ill have to deal with it soon. LOL so I will just watch this thread Smiley

Love Ya mels!!

IP Logged

Amzey

loves to smile!
uk
Reply #3 - 04/19/11 at 11:04:57

my phobias are spiders!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! i dont know why but cor they give me the creeps and make my heart pound! lol!
xxx

IP Logged

Mels

Time heals all wounds?
I think love does.
Tampa, Fl. U.S.A
Reply #4 - 04/19/11 at 16:10:54

LOL Angahith, I dont think they are all that crazy, look at me, I am terrified of little holes and clusters, terrified I tell you, just the thought of them makes me itchy, if I see them my whole body starts itching I just have to scratch sometimes actually making myself bleed, crazy I know but I cant stop the itching and I start shaking and get sweaty and everything, is completely ridiculous, that only happens when im in close proximity  Grin  If I were to be touched by something, lets say, like a beehive I start screaming like a maniac on top of everything else lol  Cheesy

Happy give it some thought and if you think of any phobias let me know  Wink

BTW I love you too  Smiley

Amzey, well, if you just read what happens to me when I see clusters just imagine how fast I run when I see a spider within a mile of me  Cheesy

Thank you for sharing guys  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Mels

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
MSN  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 73