Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Being an empath - help!

Free Psychic/Medium Readings for ABT Members
Important: Readers Agreement

Forum rules
Asking for a reading isn't a certainty that you will receive a reading. Always be polite and respectful towards the reader and please leave feedback after your reading. Asking for multiple reads at the same time is treated as spam and will be deleted.
If you are interested in reading on ABT please read our Readers Agreement.
Ckj2612

Unread post Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Are there any other empaths here that can give advice?
I am a fellow empath and reiki healer, I have been grounding and shielding prior to undertaking reiki.
My sister has cancer and I have been doing reiki on her. Today, I channelled distant reiki to her and came away with a splitting sore head. My sister messaged me and thanked me for taking away her headache and that she felt great!
I must have absorbed her energy - I channelled reiki on myself and the headache left. Does anyone know why this is happening, as I shielded myself prior to starting reiki? All advice welcome
'There's no greater agony than an untold story' (maya angelou)

shortstuff_nb

Unread post Sun May 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi I have always believed I have the gift of empathy as well but never really explored these type of things, excited to learn more

SilverG

Unread post Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 am

I have done similar things where I used my ability to take away someones pain and i ended up having that pain. Using distractions or taking a bath helps me.

Ria
ABT Team

Unread post Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 pm

What kind of reiki were you offering - something does not sound right.
In Usui Reiki you disconnect from the energy at the end of each session. Did you do this?
It is always good to refer back to your teacher when something like this happens.

There is a different style of connection we have with siblings and parents when we want to take their pain from them.
The connection you felt thru your empathy meant that you used your energy to pull away your sisters pain, because you felt it and hence absorbed it. When we channel, we feel the pain, acknowledge it, then send the healing.
Seems that you went too far into the connection of feeling the pain after you acknowledged it.
It is very important as a healer to know the difference between between your feelings and those of the sitter.
Hope that helps a little - if not happy to chat some more.
Ria :-)

Absolute plane

Unread post Sun May 28, 2017 4:47 am

hmm ..I agree with Ria it happened with me too that i would start feeling the sitter's energy while chanelling energy to them.It so happens when i try to put in my feelings to send reiki and does not do it with intentions only .

Return to “Member To Member FREE Psychic Readings”

• Information