Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Playing Cards

Tarot, astrology, rune, palm, numerology, face, aura and more..

ShadowOfLight

Unread post Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:07 pm

These are my favorite. A dollar pack from Five & Dime and boom! you're in business.
Been reading this since early 1990's, around that time, into mid 1990's my mom and I added them to family reunion reading sessions. At first, they were seen more as a parlor trick then viable reading tools, but we soon changed that.

Note: NEVER use a deck of cards that has been 'played' with. In an emergency, it is said that you can, by a few books. DON'T. They will not be honest as they have been seasoned to lie. IE: poker face.

Treat these cards as you would a tarot deck. Do not even house them near the gambling kids.

I keep two reading decks. One, in my office or by my alter. Depend if I have an office. The other, travels with me. I have a fold up organizer which holds all my current projects. In the organizer, there are two clear plastic sleeves--not good for much of anything. In one, I house my reading deck as they are rather inconspicuous, a cleaning cloth, and a few erasers. The art of blending in is a simple, yet tedious one. If I housed these cards in their own space, people get suspicious and ask. Bundling them with other items, passersby assume, oh, they play or they gamble. (Well, guess what, I just won the pot as they assumed wrong.)
Mobile Office.jpg
I've since turned the cards face down in that organizer. That 4 of Clubs lived up to its meanings for as long as I let it sit there. We sent our boy up to visit grandparents while I hunted for work. Spouse and I ended up homeless, second time before I landed an out of state job. It fell through over the Christmas holiday, while we were visiting our son and family. So, we stayed here. When I read with the cards again and placed then face down in the organizer, things began looking up.

Funny how that happens.

Spreads used for playing cards: ANY! Let your little heart just burst with possibilities!

Personally, I frequent The Wheel/Clock, Celtic Cross, and Gypsy Spread. The Horse Shoe is also great. Use that with Tarot quite often. Oddly enough, think I adopted that as a solely tarot spread. Used it only once with playing cards.

Card Meanings: By Suit
Hearts-
Ace: The home, love, friendship, joy the start of a romance. A love letter.
Two: Success and prosperity. An engagement or partnership.
Three: You need to be cautious. Don't say something you'll regret.
Four: A change, a journey or a move of house/business. A late marriage.
Five: Jealous people around you. Take your time to make any decisions.
Six: Unexpected good luck. Someone helping you out.
Seven: An unfaithful or unreliable person. Broken promises.
Eight: Visits and visitors. Invitations out or attending a party.
Nine: The wish card. Dreams come true.
Ten: Good luck and happiness.
Jack: A close friend or a good-natured, fair-haired youth.
Queen: A kindly fair-haired woman.
King: A good-natured, fair-haired man. Good advice.

Diamonds-
Ace: A ring or present of jewellery. News about money. A letter.
Two: A love affair attracting disapproval from others. A business partnership.
Three: Legal problems, domestic arguments. A legal letter.
Four: An inheritance. Improvements in finances.
Five: Success in business. Happy family.
Six: Problems in a second marriage.
Seven: Surprise news or a gift. Problems and losses at work.
Eight: A marriage and travel late in life. Financial ups and downs.
Nine: Surprise with money. New business opportunities. Restlessness.
Ten: Money and travel highlighted. Fortunate changes.
Jack: A relative. A very fair-haired youth. Watch out for dishonesty or unreliability.
Queen: A woman who loves to party and to gossip. A flirt. A very fair-haired woman.
King: A stubborn and influential man. A very fair-haired man.

Clubs-
Ace: Wealth, health, love and happiness. A letter concerning money.
Two: Gossip. Disappointments and opposition.
Three: Marriage to a wealthy partner. Money coming from the partner.
Four: Changes for the worse. Lies and betrayal.
Five: New friends and a successful marriage. Help from friends.
Six: Business success. Getting financial help.
Seven: Prosperity and success. Be careful of trouble coming from a person of the opposite sex.
Eight: Trouble in relationships, business and personal. Jealousy and greed.
Nine: Achievements. A new lover or admirer. Don't be stubborn.
Ten: Unexpected money coming in. Good luck. Travel abroad.
Jack: A reliable friend. A dark-haired youth.
Queen: An attractive, self-confident woman. A dark-haired woman.
King: An honest, generous and affectionate man. A dark-haired man.

Spades-
Ace: Emotional conflict, obsession, death. Things coming to a head.
Two: Separation, gossip and deceit. Difficult changes.
Three: Unfaithfulness and partings. Be wary in partnerships.
Four: Illness. Business and money worries. Broken promises.
Five: Happy home but interference from other people. Reversals and opposition but eventual success.
Six: Small improvements.
Seven: Loss of friendship or loss of a friend. An unexpected burden. A warning against losses and sorrow.
Eight: Trouble and disappointment. Plans go awry. Friends let you down. Cancellations.
Nine: Bad luck in all things. Depression and low energy. Destruction, deaths. Extreme anxiety.
Ten: Misfortune and worry. Imprisonment. Unwelcome news.
Jack: A well-meaning but immature and unreliable youth. A very dark-haired youth.
Queen: A widow. An unscrupulous woman. A very dark-haired woman.
King: An ambitious and authoritative man. A very dark-haired man.

This is enough to get you started.

For further meanings on suits and pips (click here) . . .

JOKERS
Generally speaking, these are pulled from the deck upon openings and before first shuffle. I throw them out as soon as I buy them (have often done so in-store). They are generally unreadable and can change the deck over time. If you do use them (one) in your reading deck, they mean one of two things: New beginnings and/or an unreadable moment (could be uncertainty, could be a random, life-changing event or act, or the Joker, being himself, and taking over the deck)

When I first began reading playing cards, I had two decks. One with and one without the Joker. The deck with the Joker, I could never keep more than a few months. Six months was my record. After that, the deck was unreadable. That is the influence of the Joker.

You can clear a deck of influence. Smudging may work. Salt is better, if the cards are covered in it--and, to rid the Joker's touch, each card must be done separately. Warning if you smudge, there is not % on whether it will work. It will cleanse the deck. But, it pits the Joker against all it hopes you do. Have seen the Joker 'take' the deck after smudging. The cards will come up void of meaning (albeit still printed on), even gambling with the deck afterwards is not recommended. The games generally break up, some times quickly, no one feeling right touching the cards.

The Joker is not a 'bad' card. I wish to make that clear. Pitted in the deck, the Joker and the Reader become the Unstoppable Force and Immovable Object. The deck, placed between these two odds will reject use. The energy to withstand such a meeting is very taxing on the cards.

Jokers do have a place in a reading deck. Will cover that in a coming post. As you can chart a person through astrology, you can do so with playing cards. And, for this, you need the Joker(s).
When I am gone and all light is lost, you will see me again...

CelticRose

Unread post Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:16 pm

May have to try this as well for inspiration, thanks ShadowOfLight- another useful and handy to know post!

Stargazer72

Unread post Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 am

Interesting! I never seen a deck tarot that appealed to me. I will study & see if this works for me. TY
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Suess

Return to “The Many Forms Of Reading”

• Information