Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Benefits of Empath Readings

The ability to sense the emotions of others.

Valentinearabella

Unread post Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any empaths here at ABT has any experience with reading others as an empath. What are the benefits of being an empath? How can we as readers help those we read? In my experience I haven’t had many positive experiences as an empath. I feel like I take on other people’s negative energy. They may come out of it feeling better, but I feel worse. Are there any personal benefits as an empathic reader?

Samanthaj

Unread post Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Valentinearabella wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any empaths here at ABT has any experience with reading others as an empath. What are the benefits of being an empath? How can we as readers help those we read? In my experience I haven’t had many positive experiences as an empath. I feel like I take on other people’s negative energy. They may come out of it feeling better, but I feel worse. Are there any personal benefits as an empathic reader?

Hi Valentinearabella
Nice to see you back :clapp:

Good question, I understand where you're coming from

Personal benefits of being an Empath....
You're able to relate almost completely, not only for the sitter but may pick up on people around them and how they are feeling.... that can be useful when it comes to uncertainty & issues in relationships/families...

I think being an Empath you are overall a very caring understanding person & people feel at ease in your company. Helping the sitter to open up, relax (and then receiving more for them as you both feel at ease)

How we can help those we read:
Sitters feel as though you can relate to them. it's important as most times we're helping out those who are grieving & in pain... so for them to know we understand how they are feeling, it's validating/reassuring

I think Emotions/sensing them can be a good guide. I know many Empaths can sense when a person is not feeling too good, when they are anxious, in pain, in danger(etc)
Many times this has saved lives....

I can see that helping in many situations. Especially in communicating with those who struggle to speak/communicate (Special needs (Autism etc), Young Children, Elderly/Dementia/Mental Health & Animals) and online readings in general ..... you're unable to see facial expression/body language/hear tone of voice etc. But you can feel the emotion and this can reveal a lot to us..

How we can help those we read.....
Good question again ... 1 priority for me is making sure the person i'm reading feels comfortable...

It can be tough at times, I know how easy it is to become drained so I think spacing out readings , giving yourself a short break to recharge and check-in with yourself is important

Also a good idea to check in with yourself and know how *you* are feeling.. Sometimes it's easy to feel as though an emotion belongs to you, when you may be picking up on someone else. So checking in with how you're feeling before reading/ going to certain places (crowded) or work etc.

:thinktank:
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A. A. Milne

jakai

Unread post Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Very beneficial for me, i am a strong empath but i pick up on negativity most of the time. But is is very easy for me to do so. I am hoping to learn how to do that in a positive way.
thanks

jerryjerry

Unread post Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Aware of my being different since childhood. Age 53 now and finally fully embracing and allowing the empathic self and gifts. It was a long, difficult process of maturing,accepting,understanding,surrendering. We must choose to focus on positive and learn to live in a safe zone that is mostly free of negatiive. Learn to practice SELF empathy that is balanced with service to others and love. The more that you are mature/balanced/emotionally stable/rested/focused,..the more you will automatically be having your energies/gifts flow to others and to earth. Being an empath mostly involves simply being yourself and your daily routine. It is who you are, not something you do. Do not over emphasise the gifts/readings. They are tools that augment who you are. THE TRUE GIFT IS YOU, THE EMPATH. Allow yourself to fully have inner healing. Relax and dont put too much pressure on yourself. Choose to be a blessing,available for the needs of the universe.accept where you are and go forward one step at a time. Speak and act with confidence. Be your own stamp of approval. Allow for mistakes and innaccuracies. They happen. Be the change you wish to see and then change the world one person at a time. Be a good student. Have self discipline,routine,study,eat good,sleep good,limit the vices,exercise,laugh,enjoy music//pets/children/nature. Turn off the news.be aware of your surroundings.listen and respond to the inner voice. Pray and meditate. Do body cleanse or spa. Practice touch to release your energy to others. Respect the space of those who are not open. Learn how to say "no" and mean it. Being empath is not easy. Many are the difficulties,rejections and misunderstandings. Find a way to turn the lemons into lemonaide. Find forgiveness. Find your NEW BEGINNING..its out there, waiting for you. Ask for a mentor or a guide.keep a journal. Avoid the energy vamps. Keep studying and growing. . Practice kindness and giving. Give and it shall be given to you. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Remember that the last will be first someday. If you are fortunate enough to have someone special that shares your journey, never forget them. Appreciate them deeply. Show it.say it to them.honor them for the gift they bring to your life. Being empath is not just a job, its an adventure. Enjoy the journey friends. Peace.Love.Prosperity
Peace Love Prosperity

Return to “The Empath's Path (by request)”

• Information