Paranormal Psychic Chat & Forums

Community chat forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Join Us In Live Chat!!! Click Here

I am a Real Vampire

Post here for all your questions, stories and experiences, share with us.

Moderators: Steve, Helen

Mrblack

Unread post Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:12 pm

I shall explain fully what a real vampire is below.

Interest in the vampire mythos is at an all-time high. The recent enthusiasm for this blood-sucking immortal began perhaps with the highly popular Anne Rice novel, Interview with the Vampire published in 1976, and which she followed up with several more books about the vampire world she created. Movies and television capitalized on this popularity with such offerings as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Lost Boys, Francis Ford Coppola's film version of Dracula, Underworld, and the Tom Cruise-Brad Pitt film adaptation of Interview with the Vampire.

The genre is more popular than ever thanks to TV's True Blood and Vampire Diaries, and especially the enormous success of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series of novels, which also are getting the Hollywood treatment.

When a phenomenon like this creeps into our mass consciousness - you can barely turn around without bumping into vampire-related media - some people begin to think it's real. Or they want it to be real because they so enjoy the fantasy. So what about it? Are there real vampires?

The Supernatural Vampire

The question of whether vampires are real or not depends on the definition. If by vampire we mean the supernatural creature who is practically immortal, has fangs through which he or she can suck blood, has an aversion to sunlight, can shapeshift into other creatures, fears garlic and crosses, and can even fly... then we have to say no, such a creature does not exist. At least there's no good evidence that it exists. Such a creature is a fabrication of novels, TV shows, and movies.

If we dispense with the supernatural attributes, however, there are people who call themselves vampires of one kind or another.

Lifestyle Vampires

Largely due to the influence of vampires in the media, there is now a subculture of vampirism, the members of which seek to mimic the lifestyle of their fictional heroes (or antiheroes). There is some overlap with the Goth community, both of which seem to seek empowerment in the dark, mysterious side of things. The lifestyle vampires typically dress in black and other accouterments of the "vampire aesthetic" and favor a goth music genre. According to one website, these lifestylers take this on "not just as something to do at clubs, but as part of their total lifestyle, and who form alternative extended families modeled on the covens, clans, etc. found in some vampire fiction and role-playing games."

Lifestyle vampires make no claims of supernatural powers. And it would be unfair to dismiss them as people who just like to play at Halloween year-round. They take their lifestyle quite seriously as it fulfills for them some inner, even spiritual need.

SANGUINE VAMPIRES

The sanguine (meaning bloody or blood-red) vampires may belong to the lifestyle groups mentioned above but take the fantasy one step further by actually drinking human blood. They typically will not drink a glass of the stuff as one would a glass of wine, for example, but usually will add a few drops to some other liquid for drinking. On occasion, a sanguine vampire will feed directly from a volunteer or "donor" by making a small cut and sucking up a small trickle of blood.

Some of these sanguine vampires claim an actual need to ingest human blood. The human body does not digest blood very well, and there seems to be no physiological condition that would account for such a need. If the craving is present, then, it is almost certainly psychological in nature or simply a choice.

Psychic Vampires

Psychic vampires, some of whom might also adopt the vampire lifestyle described above, claim that they have a need to feed off the energy of other people. According to The Psychic Vampire Resource and Support Pages, pranic vampires, as they are sometimes called, are people "who by reason of a condition of their spirit, need to obtain vital energy from outside sources. They are unable to generate their own energy, and often times don't have the best capacity to store the energy they do have." The website even has a section of psychic "feeding techniques."

Again, in the spirit of "keeping it real," we have to question whether this is a genuine phenomenon. By the same token, we've all been around people who seem to drain the energy from a room when they enter, and they get off on it. It could be argued that the effect is strictly psychological... but then that's why they call it psychic vampirism.

The Psychopathic Vampire

If drinking human blood qualifies one as being a vampire, then several serial killers deserve the label. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Peter Kürten, known as "The Vampire of Düsseldorf," committed as many as nine murders and seven attempted murders. He achieved sexual arousal with the sight of his victims' blood and was said to have even ingested it. Richard Trenton Chase was dubbed "The Vampire of Sacramento" after he murdered six people and drank their blood.

Obviously, these "vampires" are criminally insane. Ironically, however, their murderous compulsions and ghoulish practices make them more like the demonic vampires of literary tradition than the other "vampires" described here.

CALLING ALL VAMPIRES

So, are vampires real? For supernatural beings like Nosferatu, Dracula, Lestat and Twilight's Edward Cullen, we'd have to say no. But the lifestyle, sanguine, psychic and psychopathic vampires certainly are out there.
I'm a Actual Vampire, and know a lot about the supernatural, do feel free to message me, I don't bite hard lol

Mrblack

Unread post Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Different types of energy Vampires..
An energy vampire is a person who feeds off your emotional, or psychic, energy. People who display energy vampire traits generally lack empathy, sensitivity, and emotional maturity. As a result of the pain or insecurity they feel inside, energy vampires are addicted to preying on the vitality of others as an attempt to heal their inner suffering.

An energy vampire could be anyone: a friend, a family member, a colleague, an acquaintance, a child, a son or daughter, or even a romantic partner. If you’re a highly empathetic and caring person, it’s also possible to actively attract energy vampires into your life. Unfortunately, if you’re a highly compassionate person who doesn’t know how to set boundaries, it’s very likely that you’re surrounded by energy vampires right now! Energy vampires are attracted to you because they unconsciously desire to resolve a deeper problem within their psyches — and they perceive YOU as the solution to their problems.

While it’s easy to feel resentful towards energy vampires, it’s important to remember that they haven’t developed the capacity to deal with their issues yet. Energy vampires prey on others because they are in pain. However, the important thing to remember is that you are NOT responsible for resolving their issues. THEY are responsible for sorting out their struggles.

Often, an energy vampire leaves us feeling so drained that we are incapable of taking care of ourselves. As a result of constantly interacting with an energy vampire, we might feel chronically fatigued, depressed, anxious, irritable or angry.

It’s vital that you learn how to “draw the line” and set boundaries around these types of people. Without learning how to identify the different types of energy vampires in your life, it will be difficult for you to practice self-nurturing and assertiveness.

Here are the six main energy vampire types out there:

1. The Victim or Martyr Vampire

Victim or Martyr Vampires prey off your guilt. Victims/Martyrs believe that they are “at mercy” of the world and suffer primarily due to other people. Instead of taking self-responsibility for their lives, Victim/Martyr Vampires continually blame, manipulate and emotionally blackmail others. The dysfunctional behavior of the Victim/Martyr Vampire is due to their extremely low self-esteem. Without always receiving signs of love, thanks, and approval, Victim/Martyr Vampires feel unworthy and unacceptable, which they try to resolve by making you feel guilty and sucking away your sympathy/empathy.

How to nurture your energy: When you’re around a Victim/Martyr Vampire, be aware of the self-pity cues. For example, a self-pity cue could be the person’s tendency to blame another person for their suffering, or perhaps a description of how terrible their day has been. Don’t get involved in their self-pity. Limit your interaction with them if possible.

2. The Narcissist Vampire

A Narcissist Energy Vampire has no capacity to show empathy, or genuine interest, towards other people. Narcissist Vampires carry the unconscious philosophy of “ME first, YOU second.” Therefore, Narcissist Vampires will constantly expect you to put them first, feed their egos and do what they say. Narcissist Vampires will also manipulate you with false charm, but will just as quickly turn around and stab you in the back. If you have a Narcissist Vampire in your life, you might feel a sense of extreme disempowerment as you feel crushed beneath their limelight.

How to nurture your energy: If you’re unable to cut this person off from your life right now, you might like to limit contact. You could also show the Narcissistic Vampire how your requests satisfy their self-interest, particularly if you’re in a working relationship.

3. The Dominator Vampire

Dominator Vampires love to feel superior and like “alpha” males or females. Due to their deep inner insecurities of being “weak” or “wrong” (and therefore hurt), Dominator Vampires must overcompensate by intimidating you. Often Dominator Vampires are loud-mouthed types of people who have rigid beliefs, and black and white perceptions of the world. They are often racist, sexist and/or bigoted.

How to nurture your energy: Agree to disagree. Practice assertiveness when necessary and limit your contact with Dominator Vampires. Realize that their attempt to scare you is sourced from their deep fear of being dominated and thus hurt.

assertiveness when necessary and limit your contact with Dominator Vampires. Realize that their attempt to scare you is sourced from their deep fear of being dominated and thus hurt.

4. The Melodramatic Vampire

The Melodramatic Energy Vampire thrives on creating problems. Often, their need to create constant drama is a product of dark underlying emptiness in their lives. Melodramatic Vampires also love seeking out crisis because it gives them a reason to feel victimized (thus special and in need of love), an exaggerated sense of self-importance and avoidance from life’s real issues. Another reason why Melodramatic Vampires enjoy creating drama is that the negative emotions that they feed off are addictive (such as anger).

How to nurture your energy: Refuse to take sides or be involved in the Melodramatic Vampire’s pot-stirring. Pay attention to the patterns in their behavior and the triggers that make you want to get involved. Create distance and cut them out of your life if possible.

5. The Judgemental Vampire

Due to their severely low self-worth, the Judgemental Energy Vampire loves to pick on other people. Their treatment of other people is merely a reflection of how they treat themselves. Judgemental Vampires enjoy preying on your insecurities and bolstering their egos by making you feel small, pathetic or ashamed.

How to nurture your energy: Remember that true self-worth must come from within. Refuse to take what the Judgemental Vampire says personally. Be aware of their deeper pain and their need to feel good about themselves. When you get defensive, you lose. Keep a balanced head, and try being sweet to them (that really throws them off balance!). Reduce, or cut off contact with them if possible.

6. The Innocent Vampire

Energy Vampires aren’t always malicious, as in the case of Innocent Vampires. Sometimes they can be helpless types of people who genuinely need help such as children or good friends who come to rely on you too much. It’s good that you help those you care about, but it’s also important that you encourage them to be self-sufficient. Playing the role of the constant “rock” or support will eventually erode away your energy. As a result, you’ll have little energy to support yourself.

How to nurture your energy: Helping those in need is a display of compassion and love, but you also need to remember to love yourself. Gently remind the Innocent Vampire in your life that you need time to yourself as well. Encourage them to develop strength, fortitude and resilience so that you can remove the role of constant caretaker or giver.
I'm a Actual Vampire, and know a lot about the supernatural, do feel free to message me, I don't bite hard lol

Aileni

Unread post Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Interesting read, Thank you for sharing. I must add that there is an actual health condition that may have created the vampire myth, this is called Porphyria.

Common to the condition are the following which closely relate the mythical vampire we know today.

1) Sensitive to sunlight – When a porphyria sufferer is exposed to the rays of the sun, his skin and face get disfigured and blackened. It also ruptures and swells and the resulting sores have thick hair growing from it.
2) Fangs – The fangs that vampires have are actually the appearance that a porphyria patient gets when his ears and nose start to be eaten away resulting to red lips that peel back from his receding gums. This results into the exposed fang-like teeth that are quite gruesome and frightening in appearance.
3) Drinking of blood – Since porphyria patients have purple-coloured urine, it is widely believe then that this was because they drink blood. Aside from this however, there were really some instances when they did drink blood. However, it was animal blood that they used to drink as a means to relieve their anaemia and pain.
4) Garlic to ward-off vampires – It may come as a surprise but even this has basis. Porphyria patients has aversion to garlic since the chemicals contained in it aggravates their symptoms. They can experience agonizing pain because of garlic.
5) No reflection in mirrors - It is believed that it must be very hard for any porphyria sufferer to see his appearance once he reached the later stage of the disease where he would have his nose, ears and lips eaten away and his canine-like teeth exposed in an ugly grin. Thus, it is but normal for him to avoid mirrors so as not to see his own deplorable reflection.
6) Aggressiveness – Those with acute porphyria are diagnosed to be irritable, uncooperative, violent and aggressive. They would swear and are basically disinhibited. This may be the reason they are taken to be dangerous.

information source link: https://rare-diseases-conditions.knoji. ... he-legend/
Rise again, Aileni.

Orienla

Unread post Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:33 pm

This is all a great read!

I was in a Gothic Literature class in college and some of our stories had vampires in them. The way it worked was my professor would travel to various countries and get in touch with various authors to contribute to a book that he would use as a textbook. He even went to Romania and Japan. He would simply ask the authors to write based on some themes he wanted to emphasize, and one of those themes were vampires. My professor also wanted to present as many foreign legends, taboos, artifacts and even locations as possible. In Spain, they have what is called The Black Death or something considered 'black' that represented negative spirits. In Japan, they have the suicide forest. The only thing I remember about the vampire-themed stories were that the authors were from Romania and throughout Europe. So, I am open to learn about anything to do with vampires.

ColeWayne

Unread post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Vampires are my favorite literary (and cinematic) use of the supernatural as metaphor. I also enjoy the wide variety of folklore that exists. Fictionally speaking, I'm a big fan.

I've never thought much about vampires in real life. At least, not in the way they're portrayed in most media. The closest I've seen to a portrayal of a vampire in media I thought could translate into a real life situation was Hemlock Grove. In the early first season there is a character who exhibits a strange form of bloodlust that comes out in socially odd ways. He mostly becomes sort of mystified at the scent or sight of blood and goes to great lengths to find willing donors under the guise of a sexual fetish. That was the first time I saw a fictional portrayal of a vampire and thought "Huh. That could be a thing."

I've read the off hand article here and there, but have never talked directly to someone who considered themselves a vampire. Wouldn't mind picking your brain, Mrblack! Good read.
"Passion. It lies in all of us. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl."

JustSumGuy

Unread post Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:15 am

I completely agree that there are certain types of people who have vampire like traits just not in the sense of something akin to TV and movies. It's important to acknowledge who they are and deal with them by setting boundaries. If not they will end up causing problems for you sooner or later.

Rowan222

Unread post Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Yes I have come across a couple.
A good write up and thank you for the effort. Maybe you would be interested in the book "Beyond the dark Veil" as it is mostly a collection of photographs that may suit your lifestyle.

I have experienced two of the psychic types. One was while I was with someone who could do something about it, and was in a bookshop that had a fairly large occult section. I think he was just trying things out.
The other was my boss at an engineering company. He displayed all the attributes you mention, and became increasingly angry when I started protecting myself and removing the ties he connected to me. (maybe I should talk about tie-cutting and psychic attachment?)
It was decided he had to go, so after a little help from my end, within a week he completely lost his shizzle, attacked me in full view of everyone there - threw me through a door...and got himself fired from his own company. It was a little strange that I didn't feel anything, but that's what protection is for I suppose.

Maybe you could mention what the Black veil is for sanguin types?

hummingbird

Unread post Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm

i have learned vampires are very real. I have several that insist on coming after me over the years to still my energy and then leave my life again. I have decided to avoid them forever, so hopefully they will stop. One of the vampires decided to taunt me behind my back, so I would call her so she could steal my energy again. She did that two me twice, until I caught on. I have 3 psychic vampires in my family. One insist on calling me daily to suck my energy. They constantly play the damsel in distress role and once they get your emotions going for a while, they suddenly become better and then want to rush off the phone or leave you. I have learned to keep the conversations with them very brief. I have recently had a friend of ten years, that I finally learned was a vampire. When ever I was suffering or grieving they were unavailable, but when ever they were, they insisted on keeping on the phone for over an hour to listen to them grieve or rant. I would be unable to say a word. Once they were done (which would be always at least 45 minutes, they would say "thank you" to me and then ready to get off the phone. When I finally told them what they were doing, they flipped out and that they need to learn to support me as well, they flipped out and ghosted me. I was actually happy they did. They had been draining me for years.

Return to “Talk Paranormal General Discussion”

• Information