Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Something whispering my name

Post here for all your questions, stories and experiences, share with us.

Kasey94

Unread post Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

I've had this happen about 5 different times now, every couple weeks-months I'll hear something whisper my name 3 times. The most recent was a few weeks ago while I was at work. Any ideas of what this could be?

mysterygirl

Unread post Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I was sleep and heard someone call my name. I woke up responding and nobody was there.

Samanthaj

Unread post Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:45 pm

Kasey94 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm
I've had this happen about 5 different times now, every couple weeks-months I'll hear something whisper my name 3 times. The most recent was a few weeks ago while I was at work. Any ideas of what this could be?

Hi Kasey

:welcome: to ABT

Interesting you mention it happens every couple of weeks- months. Do you notice anything that stands out when you hear them calling your name?

Example, you might notice that you hear your name called when you're starting to worry. This could be your guides, letting you know that they are there to reassure you

Hearing your name called is very common and one of the most popular paranormal experiences reported. It can happen at any time though many report it to happen when they are falling asleep or listening to music

Looking further into why it's happening, next time you hear your name called place some awareness on what you were doing at the time. Jot it down and the next time, do the same.. write what you were doing/thinking, or (who) you were thinking of (for example)

After a while it might help you to understand who it may be and why
Above all it's usually a loved one in spirit or a spiritual guide , nothing much to worry about :thinktank:

Edit: You say you were at work , do you have any idea yourself who it could be, specifically linked to your workplace?
ex-client or collague who has passed?

I don't get a bad feeling at all

Hugs

Sam j
Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

migizi

Unread post Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:13 am

This could be a spiritual guide, Guardian Angel, or a passed relative. They are there to let you know they are with you. Are you worried about something? Maybe there could be a change coming.
migizi

Kasey94

Unread post Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you for your guy's response, I'll start journaling these occurances, that was a good idea. I've been in a really depressive state the past year or so, also stressed. At first it would scare me, but the last time it happened I was really calm and at peace. It would make sense that they are letting me know they are there or reassuring me. as I rarely feel like I have anyone there for me.

ColeWayne

Unread post Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:26 am

I had similar things happen before I started making an effort to reach out to spirit(s). Mine was usually a "hey" or "can you hear me?" I started looking into it kind of backwards, I think. I started by acknowledging when I heard or saw something and trying to ask for confirmation. "If you're there, give me a sign I'll notice in the morning," for example. Then I tried meditating and stuff to connect easier. Then I had to look for ways to "ground and shield." You'll see those terms a lot around the boards. I would suggest going the opposite way that I did, lol. Look into grounding and shielding so you can guard yourself, then look into calming your mind so you can be more open to communicating with these presences, THEN reach out to the presences. Just from my personal experience :)
"Passion. It lies in all of us. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl."

Return to “Talk Paranormal General Discussion”

• Information