Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Persistent Presence

Post here for all your questions, stories and experiences, share with us.

ColeWayne

Unread post Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 am

There's been a presence hanging around for a few days. I don't think it's harmful or hostile, but it's a very in-your-face energy and the spirit is very active and persistent. I have a vague idea of who it could be, but I'm not positive. I'm trying to decide whether to attempt further communication or to try to get rid of it. Details below. Note: I may be mixing up the days. I'm doing my best to recount.

If I had to pinpoint when this started, in hindsight I'd say Friday. My cats acted strangely in my room, looking at something I couldn't see. I normally attribute this to small "no see 'em" flies or dust flecks I can't see. But, in hindsight, they could have been sensing something I hadn't yet. Friday night into Saturday I had trouble sleeping. I kept waking up abruptly unable to identify what caused it. The same thing happened Saturday into Sunday. Then again Sunday into Monday. Monday night I had a strange feeling I was being watched, but I attributed this to lack of sleep playing tricks.

I started to sense a presence for certain on Tuesday. I was exhausted, but woke up abruptly before my alarm went off. As I was getting ready I, again, felt I was being watched. When I got in my car I felt like someone was in the car with me. I did my best to ignore it, attributing it to lack of sleep on my end (but beginning to doubt that). The whole day at work I felt like someone was following me everywhere I went. If I was sitting in my office I'd feel like someone was looking over my shoulder. If I got up to go down the hall I felt like someone was following right on my heels. That started to freak me out and I thought something like "Jeez, you're a pain in the butt." As soon as I acknowledged it this thing was, like, all up in my personal space. I kept feeling like someone was touching me on the arm or the shoulder. I'd think "Quit it" or whatever and it would stop for a while, but happen again eventually. And this went on all day. I'd go to use the bathroom and the guy would be right on my six and I'd think "Back off, bro." I ended up shielding, which would work for a time but I had to keep re-doing it, if that makes sense. By the time I got home I felt completely drained.

My mom noticed I was kind of lethargic and asked what was up. I asked her "Do you feel like there's something in the house with us? Someone we can't see?" and she said "All the time" and started listing off names of friends and relatives. I said "No, this is someone unfamiliar, I think." And she said "Maybe. I think sometimes they come by to check us out or to help us." I was like "This guy feels anxious as hell, so he's not very helpful." And I told her a bit about what I described here and she said "Maybe he's trying to help you out at work."

I also kept getting a whiff of like sweaty cologne is the best way I can describe it. I've gotten it in various places wearing various outfits, so I've attributed the smell to this presence.

Yesterday I woke up and my cell phone battery was drained after having been on the charger all night. There was nothing wrong with the plug fit anywhere, and I haven't had it happen again so I've ruled out a problem with the charger. I shielded right when I woke up, which was much more effective than trying to do it later when I was already kind of worn out. I didn't feel the presence much, but things started to go missing or get misplaced or move. My office mate's water spilled and he wasn't sure how. He kept losing pens. My debit card, which I had in my pocket, went missing and we searched the floor for it. I found it in my purse. While it's possible I put it back without remembering, I don't think I did. My company credit card, which is always in my drawer, turned up in my purse. That one I've never and would never put in my purse. My office mate's card also went missing and turned up somewhere strange. He ended up working in someone else's office most of the day. When I got home later I went to get a set of bobby pins out of my purse. When I say a "set" I mean a cardboard holder with like 20 bobby pins on it. All but 2 were gone. I looked everywhere for them and didn't find them until later in the night when I went to put my cell phone on the charger. They were clipped onto the charger - all of them - in a neat little row. Keep in mind the bobby pins on the cardboard sit in opposite directions, so there's no way the cord just snagged them all and pulled them off and somehow neatened them up like that. At that point I realized this thing was going to keep being a complete pest, so I said aloud "Okay, I get it, but you need to calm down with this stuff."

Today was much more pleasant. I still felt the presence as I got into my car. I said aloud "You have until I get to work." As I started the car I asked "Who are you?" and I may have gotten a radio clue, but I'm not completely confident in saying that as I couldn't get clear confirmation. I asked "What do you want?" and felt like he might have tried to say something, but couldn't pick it up. I didn't get any further clues or communication I picked up on until I started walking into work. Then I got very distinctly "I need your help." Enunciated every word, stretched it out a bit, like he had to talk really slow to get it across. Of course, his timing was horrible, so I said "Can't help you, bro." in my head. Then I heard very distinctly "Bull. Spit." Only he didn't say spit. In my head, I said "I have to do my job, so I can't concentrate on you right now" or something to that effect. Then I felt like he was right on my heels. When I got to my desk I asked in my head "What do you need help with?" as I was looking at the time on my desk phone's digital clock I saw the time change from 7:08 to 7:88 and back. I googled the number, but there were too many things it could have been. In my head I said "If that was you, you're gonna have to give me more than that because I don't know what that means. But you need to chill out for a while while I'm at work." My debit card kept getting moved from my purse pocket to my wallet and I thought it was me misplacing it (it's a new wallet and I'm not used to having it). Then as I was digging around looking for it I heard "Wallet." When I went to put it back in my purse later I heard "Keep it. In. Your wallet." So I did.

After that he was around, but left me alone and has done so the rest of today.

The overall vibe I'm getting is masculine and it's a very strong energy, like someone who can't walk into a room without commanding everyone's attention. He's very focused and a bit domineering, headstrong. I feel like he's very anxious, can't sit still, and he's eager to talk. I feel like he's always trying to say a lot at once very fast and he's almost annoyed to have to slow down and speak in fragments for me to pick it up. He's impatient, for sure. I don't think he's hostile or dangerous, but he's a bit exhausting to deal with. It takes a lot of concentration for me to either try to communicate with him or to block him out. He's just a bit much I guess is how I'd describe him. I do have a theory on who it is, but I'd rather not speculate because I'm not sure.

I sense presences pretty regularly, but most of the time it's a lot like passing someone on the street and bumping shoulders. I know they're there, sometimes they know I'm there, but that's usually as far as it goes. I have a few regulars who pop in - guides and relatives - and once in a while I get one trying to get something across to me. But, I'm not very good at receiving signs and messages from what I call randos - the pop-in spirits I don't have a rapport with. It's like getting to know a person in life: I need to learn how to receive what they put out and learn how to communicate with them, and it takes time and energy. I just don't always have it. Most of the time a spirit will come to sort of advise me or give me a heads up about something. I've only gotten one asking me for something one other time. Is this a thing that happens? Passed over people asking for help? I haven't experienced it much, so I don't really know what to do with it.

So, thoughts? Advice? Tips?
"Passion. It lies in all of us. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl."

ColeWayne

Unread post Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am

Figured this out!
"Passion. It lies in all of us. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl."

ColeWayne

Unread post Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 am

Replying to this with an update because this situation took a few turns.

The arrival of the entity above happened to coincide with the sudden death of someone I had briefly known. As I communicated with this presence, it seemed like it could have been this person. However, something started to feel wrong about it. Nothing I could pinpoint at first. Just a nagging uneasiness.

As communication continued (i.e. thinking questions and waiting for responses), the presence started to... unravel. If I'd been speaking with a living person I'd call it unraveling: abruptly turning anxious and erratic. I wasn't sure why - If I had said something upsetting or what.

Then it started exhibiting troubling behavior: invading personal space, moving things when I wasn't looking. My office mates at work experienced some of this too. The big red flag was when I asked the presence not to enter certain spaces: my office at work, any bathrooms I went into, and my bedroom after I went to sleep. These are standard boundaries I set and well-intentioned spirits never give me a problem. This one did. Not only did it not respect my boundaries, it got more active in those areas. I had one other experience like this before and it escalated, so I quickly cut off communication with this guy and just did my best to ignore it until it went away.

So far I've had a few months of very little spirit activity. I'm a bit nervous to open up, even to familiar spirits, as talking to anything at all seems to attract others. I do still get number messages here and there, which I take to be guides or angels letting me know they're around without being invasive, since I've kind of put a Do Not Disturb sign up, energetically speaking.

I wanted to post this just to caution other people like myself who are new and learning. A peaceful entity never feels "wrong" or negative, so if something feels off, trust that instinct.

This one disguised itself at first, but either couldn't keep that up after a while, or didn't see the need to. And when it flipped it flipped hard. What I've learned from this is, as soon as I identify a new or unfamiliar presence, to set my boundaries quickly and firmly rather than waiting for it to enter a space I don't want it in.

Salt in the winter humidifier has been helpful too, I think. It's something my mom started doing for other reasons, but since then I've felt no uneasy energy in the house.

Return to “Talk Paranormal General Discussion”

• Information