Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Haunted Dolls

Please read 'Terms Of Use' before posting.

ShadowOfLight

Unread post Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:00 am

Perfect example of attachments, as they can be to people, places, or items, is haunted dolls. There are a few well known dolls out there. Robert is, by far, the worst one I've seen. Annabell's is something, too, but I cannot eve shake the feeling I've gotten off Robert.

Robert:
A Boy and His Doll
Gene and Robert were ‘best friends’ growing up. Legend speculates voodoo played a part in Robert’s formative years, while interviews with those close to the Otto family indicate a great deal of emotional energy was placed upon the doll during Eugene’s lifetime. It is said that young Gene would shift blame when he misbehaved as a child, pointing to the doll and saying, “I didn’t do it. Robert did it”.

Gene went on to become a prominent artist. He designed the gallery at the Fort East Martello Museum and had plans to make his own home a museum complete with a wax imprint of ‘the artist’s hands’ as a focal point. Though this dream was never realized, his home became known as the Artist House and stories of the doll’s strange behavior became commonplace with those who encountered him after Gene’s death in 1974. Tenants heard footsteps in the attic room above them. A plumber heard giggling and turned to find the doll had moved across the room on his own. Solares Hill reporter Malcolm Ross visited Robert and said:

“It was like a metal bar running down my back. At first when we walked through the door, the look on his face was like a little boy being punished. It was as if he was asking himself, ‘Who are these people in my room and what are they going to do to me?’   

Ross’ friends told him Robert’s back-story and pointed out the children’s furniture. It was at this point Malcolm noticed a change in the doll’s expression as if he was following the conversation. One of the men made a comment about what an old fool Gene Otto must have been. Robert’s expression turned to one of disdain.

“There was some kind of intelligence there. The doll was listening to us.”

A New Home

Myrtle Reuter purchased the Otto home in 1974. She became Robert’s companion and kept him when she moved to Von Phister Street six years later. In 1994 she donated Robert to the Fort East Martello Museum claiming ‘he moved around her house on his own and was haunted.’ Myrtle died a few months later, but Robert remained active.

Annabelle:
In 1970, a mother purchased an antique Raggedy Ann Doll from a hobby store
 The doll had been a birthday present for her daughter, Donna. Donna was a  preparing to graduate from college with a nursing degree. She  lived in a tiny apartment with her room mate, Angie. (a nurse as  
Pleased with the cute raggedy-Ann doll, Donna placed it on her bed as a decoration and didn't give it a second thought. Within days  both Donna and Angie noticed that there appeared to be something very strange and creepy about the doll. The doll mysteriously seemed to move about the house, relatively small movements at first, such as a change in position, but as time passed the movement became more noticeable. Donna and Angie would come home to find the doll in a completely different room. Sometimes the doll would be found with legs crossed,arms folded, other times it would be found upright, standing on its feet.  Several times Donna sometimes left the doll on the couch before leaving for work, and would return to find the doll back in her room on the bed- with the door closed. 

The Messages
Annabelle the doll not only moved but could write as well.  About a month into their experiences Donna and Angie began to find  messages on parchment paper that read "Help Us" and "Help Lou". The hand writing as if written by a small child. The creepy part about the messages was not the wording but the way they were written. At the time Donna had never kept parchment paper, on which the notes were written, in the house, so where did it come from? 

The Medium
One night Donna came home to find the doll had moved again, this time it was on her bed. Donna had come to find that this was typical of the doll but some how she knew this time it was different, something wasn't right. A sense of fear came over her when she inspected the doll and saw what looked like blood drops on the back of its hands and its chest. Seemingly, from no where, a liquidy red substance had appeared on the doll. Scared and desperate Donna and Angie decide it was time to seek expert advice. 

Not knowing where to turn they contacted a medium and a seance was held. Donna was then introduced to the spirit of Annabelle Higgins. The medium related the story of Annabelle to both Donna and Angie. Annabelle was a young girl that resided on the property before the apartments were built, they were "happy times". She was a young girl of only seven years old when her lifeless body was found in the field upon which the apartment complex now stands. 

The spirit related to the medium that she felt comfort with Donna and Angie and wanted to stay with them and be loved. Feeling compassion for Annabell and her story Donna gave her permission to inhibit the doll and stay with them. They were to soon find out however, that Annabelle was not what she 
appeared to be. This was no ordinary case and definitely no ordinary doll.
When I am gone and all light is lost, you will see me again...

Kalliopi

Unread post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:31 pm

I only live 20 miles from Robert the Doll, but I have yet to go see him. I just know I'm going to want to take pictures, but I've heard and read of so many horror stories of people taking pictures, that I've been avoiding the trip lol I want to go so bad, I just don't have any room in my life to risk all the bad luck lol

I'll make it one of these days...

ShadowOfLight

Unread post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Sounds like a leave your phone at home kind of situation. And would smudge before and after. Robert is the only doll that raises my want of avoidance.

If you do go, would definitely love to hear about it--especially if mundane. ;)
When I am gone and all light is lost, you will see me again...

Kalliopi

Unread post Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Good idea on the smudging and leaving the phone behind. I feel both avoidance and drawn, so it's a bit conflicting. I'm hoping to make it within the coming months, so I'll definitely share any experiences I have once I make the visit :)

Samanthaj

Unread post Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 am

I feel such a sad energy around the robert doll. Luring sad energy. Never could place it.
That's neat you live close, definitely let us know how it goes

Sam j
Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

Return to “Demons, Evil Spirits, Attachments & Clearings”

• Information