Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Week of reckoning: a place to call home or homeless

An open board to say hello or chat about anything really!!

Forum rules
If your topic of discussion is specific please look for a more relevant board before posting on our general 'Chit Chat' board, thank you.
Esteban

Unread post Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:54 am

This week I will be finding out whether or not my family and I will be homeless this upcoming month, and it's not a great feeling.

I will now summarize how things got to this point(with more details in my previous related posts. I lost my job at the end of February and have been looking for full time work ever since. This reduced my household income by half and it caught up to us this month. We would not have the funds to pay rent for April. I am a US Army veteran and I applied for emergency rental assistance through the VFW. The process of gathering and submitting all necessary documents for my request was arduous. I finally had everything submitted and a decision has been mailed.

In the meantime the apartment complex I rent from keeps threatening eviction. The staff do not communicate with the manager and keep making verbal threats despite there being an agreement already in place. They could start eviction as early as tomorrow or Friday at the latest. The decision from the VFW was mailed before the weekend. However, they would not disclose if I was approved or denied. I was told I would find out upon opening the letter.

So now I sit here stressed out as to whether there will be a check coming or not. I have moved most of my belongings into storage in case I have to vacate my apartment. Only essentials and my pets remain to fit in my car.

I graduated with an engineering degree and should not be in this position. I feel as if I let my family down by not being able to get the job I am looking for that would grant us financial stability. I am going through a myriad of emotions: dread, hopelessness, despair, remorse, and heartbreak watching my wife take this so hard. Please wish me the best of luck as I await the possibility of being homeless this week.

littlelion

Unread post Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Sounds like a really tough time for you, sending lots of love to get you through this tough time <3
:boogy: just go with the flow :peace:

Esteban

Unread post Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 am

I still have a place to stay. My rent assistance was approved and my account is current. I don't appreciate the fact that the apartment staff lied to me when they said they were relaying messages from the manager. She had no plans on evicting us. We stressed out for no reason. Very unprofessional conduct by her staff.

Now if I could only land the elusive engineering job I have been seeking my entire life. That would change everything for the better.

Return to “Members Chit Chat”

• Information