Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Outside Authorities

An open board to say hello or chat about anything really!!

Forum rules
If your topic of discussion is specific please look for a more relevant board before posting on our general 'Chit Chat' board, thank you.
Loving Silent Voice

Unread post Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:29 am

Hello, Everybody! I don't know where to start but I would like to bring an awareness or help me to spread the word about this.

I would like to share something about outside authorities and our intuition. I have to tell you that my whole life... I didn't get to hear much about intuition and didn't quite understand what exactly is it..or that I didn't give much thought about it.... nobody could explain it to me. Later in my twenties, I understood for the first time in my life. Hey, don't you love that T.V show called "Charmed"? I do! One day, I was watching that show and there's a man who happened to be one of the elders and told Leo to listen to that inner voice. I was like huh! Did you see that word "inner voice" I am like I know what that is!!!! So I think we should talk about this! Let's start with outside authorities first.

Those outside authorities can be in many different forms. It could be your older siblings, parents, grandparents, friends, spiritual leaders, schools, peer groups, doctors, lawyers, and so on. You name it, alright.

I do believe that many of us including me... that we learn to look to the outside authorities instead of paying attention to our own feelings and intuitive promptings. We come to believe that life's answers lie somewhere outside of us and we develop that lifelong habit of looking to others. We think that somebody else knows better than we do about what's true for us. We learn not to trust ourselves and our own sense of truth, our own inner authority. We were taught from an early age to try to accommodate those around us, to follow certain rules of behavior, to suppress our spontaneous impulses and to do what is expected of us. It becomes a learned behavior.

This society that we live in...they are all about external focus and have this firm belief that the rational mind is superior and in fact, they think it's the highest truth. This is what happened when we were in schools. We can also look at the business world.

I like how Albert Einstein said this in his own words: The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.

I have to say that I definitely agree with this brilliant man. That is why we dismiss our abilities or intuition because we have learned to respect and worship the logical aspect of our being..... I mean, we can look at the animals and they seem to "know" or "sense" things, we call that instinct, but it's a mystery to our rational mind so we shrug and dismiss it?

We need to know that deep down, the only one who knows what's true and right for us is our inner voice within. Some people refer to it as intuition. Some say it's the voice of your higher self. Whatever it is you want to call it...what you are most comfortable with. I don't want to cause you to get stuck here, alright. This loving, silent voice...this still, small voice is meant for us to have guidance...literally. With everything. Absolutely. They say this intuition is somewhere between the heart and the gut area. It's... a feeling without an emotion. It's...it's knowing, alright. It's not talkative voice and in fact, it doesn't really come in the form of sound. It's more like a thought that comes from inside of our stomach. It's usually quick and to the point. Sometimes especially when we are still in the process of discovering and hearing the voice, its answers are simply yes, no, or wait. But the more we develop a relationship with the divine part of ourselves, the longer the communication gets. We begin to "hear" full sentences, even paragraphs of guidance.

But the problem is that our rational mind need to learn to listen and allow that intuitive voice to speak. If we choose to work only with our rational mind, then we can see that things doesn't always work out like the way it should. For this reason, it really messes us up at times...especially when we choose not to listen to that intuitive voice. So the mind and intuition have to work together as a team. They would make a truly great team.

So what I am saying is that we can listen with respect and an open mind to what that person has to say, trusting that if we were drawn to them, there is likely to be value for us then we can think about what they have told us, paying attention to our intuition about what's right for us and what isn't, making our own decisions about what course of action to follow. It just means that we are open to learning and receiving guidance from others as needed and not giving our power and authority away to anyone else. Once we learn the habit of listening to our gut feelings, we can develop a very different kind of relationship with others.

When you live by your intuition...that kind of way of life, I have to tell you that it will rock the boat (people around you). People will tell you to stop being "weird" or " why are you acting like that." They will ask you like "how did you know that?" They wanted facts. And you cannot give them that....You just "know", alright! This is going to be challenging for us at times in our lives. We have to remember that all the voices around us or within us are just that voices...they have no power unless we give them power. The one voice we want to empower is our intuitive voice. Don't let the other voices control you or your destiny. Listening to that quiet, inner voice isn't selfish, it's wise. The people around you may be disappointed or didn't understand why you did it when you change your plans and that you are following your intuition. Maybe in the long run, they will understand why you did it and that you will serve as an example to them...perhaps even an inspiration, showing them how to live by listening to their intuition.

This is very important for everyone on their journey. You can write it down in your notebooks and reflecting back on your experiences....what happened when you didn't listen to your intuition? Remember what that intuitive feeling felt like? What I would suggest for those who are learning in the beginning is that you ask for help with the little things...like let's say you need to get to the mall, ask if this is a good idea. Build a trust with it. Let it prove itself to you. Just as you would do with any new relationship, take baby steps at first to get to know that voice within you. Having a notebook and keeping track like this will help you stay connected to that voice. It also helps you become conscious of just how much this inner voice is already working with you. Your soul came here for some very specific reasons and your inner voice knows what your soul plan is. Let your higher power work with you and through you to help fulfill what you came here to do. It all works together so well when we take the time to listen to our intuition and have the courage to follow its guidance.

You can share some things on here. I would also love to hear your story about your experience with your intuition!! We need to bring this awareness to everybody! Let's pushing out there, okay.

Love and Light!!!!
Last edited by Loving Silent Voice on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Helen

Unread post Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Welcome to our forums Loving Silent voice, gosh what a lovely post.
Charmed oh my goodness i loved that programme. I watched it over and over.. but i must admit Leo wasn't my favourite Cole was !! shhh don't tell anyone!

I have been a reader on anybodythere for 11 years. Many have heard my experiences so i don't like to keep repeating myself.
I have just read for a gentleman in my home.. who like yourself is interested in all of this and the concious and what happens to us where we go where we get intuition from... so many questions.

I believe that we are the other side of a veil and when we pass the energy transforms to something else. Nothing really dies. I have seen and heard too much proof to make me believe anything else.

Although i have an open mind about everything.. every religion and belief although the dark side I do not delve in to .. i choose to look at the light angels and positive energies although this does not mean i don't accept there is more out there. For me this is my path.

I am gifted and able to help those who come to me and for that i am grateful. I never take for granted the gifts given to me only feel humbled at times that i can help so many .. with my guides at my side.

Welcome again to anybodythere. Its a pleasure to have you here.

Helen .xxx

Owlscrying

Unread post Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:44 pm

:welcome2: to ABT Loving Silent Voice. :thinktank:

Beautifully expressed, wonderfully written. Image

Being Native American, was shown to believe in myself, the more you go outside yourself, the further away you are from your inner compass, that the purest of intuitive, is Always right.

See you in Chat. :wave:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving Silent Voice wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:29 am
Hello, Everybody! I don't know where to start but I would like to bring an awareness or help me to spread the word about this.

I like how Albert Einstein said this in his own words: The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.

I have to say that I definitely agree with this brilliant man. That is why we dismiss our abilities or intuition because we have learned to respect and worship the logical aspect of our being..... I mean, we can look at the animals and they seem to "know" or "sense" things, we call that instinct, but it's a mystery to our rational mind so we shrug and dismiss it?

So what I am saying is that we can listen with respect and an open mind to what that person has to say, trusting that if we were drawn to them, there is likely to be value for us then we can think about what they have told us, paying attention to our intuition about what's right for us and what isn't, making our own decisions about what course of action to follow. It just means that we are open to learning and receiving guidance from others as needed and not giving our power and authority away to anyone else. Once we learn the habit of listening to our gut feelings, we can develop a very different kind of relationship with others.

When you live by your intuition...that kind of way of life, I have to tell you that it will rock the boat (people around you). People will tell you to stop being "weird" or " why are you acting like that." They will ask you like "how did you know that?" They wanted facts. And you cannot give them that....You just "know", alright! This is going to be challenging for us at times in our lives. We have to remember that all the voices around us or within us are just that voices...they have no power unless we give them power. The one voice we want to empower is our intuitive voice. Don't let the other voices control you or your destiny. Listening to that quiet, inner voice isn't selfish, it's wise. The people around you may be disappointed or didn't understand why you did it when you change your plans and that you are following your intuition. Maybe in the long run, they will understand why you did it and that you will serve as an example to them...perhaps even an inspiration, showing them how to live by listening to their intuition.

Love and Light!!!!

ShadowOfLight

Unread post Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 am

Well done, Voice. Nicely put. Sometimes we do find moments in life where ‘bowing down’ or out is preferred to keeping what is ours. I hope those who read this reconsider next time they see such a moment.

Can be simple as Zener Cards being used in math class so the teacher can explain odds and beating out three other classmates. Last challenge: the teacher himself and you realizing you do not want to be accused of cheating on a test or be sent to the principal’s for something unrelated, yet deeply rooted. I missed that last card, refusing to say “tristar” as I saw in his mind, trying to trick me, so that I would not have to answer for what I was. Simple moment. Piece of self given.

But, this can also get complex:
When I was five-ish, maybe six, my mother took me to a therapist, a psychiatrist. He tried and tried to get me to see that these things I say and see hurt people; that they were not true things. I shouldn’t be a liar type thing. Mom was worried I was . . . we’ll go with mentally-ill and challenged. Though I a none even close, I find their terms insulting to mankind in general. But, this man persisted. Would not believe that I was not lying. Being about six, I vividly recall the distress of being see as anything but honest. So, I told him things I heard/sensed/saw about him, his life, his late mother.

Next in the memory banks is crying that he believe me, I was not lying, being buckled in the straight jacket, and then him medicating me. After that . . . I slept in a corner and didn’t mind it. Nor did I care that I drooled. Another dose came as the first wore off. He knelt beside me, see-sawing the vertical syringe, saying I could come out and he’d forget this ever happened and he’d write me a clean bill of health, if I took it all back. I said, “no.” I slept a few more hours. Think that repeated once more, I lose track after that and they turn me loose for lack of paperwork. A nurse or orderly or someone, I heard talking before the man opened the door for another shot.

What matters, and why I agreed to share (anything for a friend ;) ), is that simple moments or anything but, these moments are our proving grounds. They are moments in which we can keep who we are, or give it away, hoping it matters. Often, that treasured piece, is only that to the original owner—not to the recipient.

Fifteen years ago, I was living my life as a psychic. I read for just about anyone. I investigated paranormal events. I was a remote locator. I worked police as a consultant—accuracy record of 100%. I was nearly picked up for a gov. run paranormal team. And I was considering testing with the ISPR. I was who I was meant to be—or so it felt.

Got word that my grandmother could use some help making ends meet on other side of the country. My mother volunteered me. Eh, was for a few months, would be back in November and can pick back up in my field then. I went. You do for family.

Well, my grandmother has seen the hard parts of life, too. Of this kind of life. (Swore I would not post this to the forums, but, here’s to hoping it will help someone down the line) Our line is thick with sensitives. Oh, the stories she has told and the readings we have all seen . . . Every child grew up knowing of our sights, we grew up learning to use them—in secret.

My grandmother has seen instances where members of our family were killed (not in Salem, thanks) for what they could do. Stories even worse were passed down. Preservation was the mainstay of our family. To go out and work as I had been (was unaware my mom had not told her—was given the impression mom had), I was throwing all those dark days back in the family’s face. I was showing our late family, those who lived thought near death just to be an amount of disrespect she could not tolerate. I had gone out, into the widening, more accepting world to take our family out from behind the veil we had cowered behind for generations. I thought I was bearing the weight of bringing the family out to days those passed on could have only dreamt about. I was fulfilling their dreams.

Nope! I was nearly thrown out of the house and disowned. In the span of about ten minutes . . . So, to be a good granddaughter and quell her fears, I did not want her sick with worry and anger, I shut my senses down. I sealed them. The act was not appreciated and was ignored.

After trying to reopen on my own, I called to my guides, unable to hear/see/sense any kind of an answer (I honestly believed they could not hear me, if I could not hear them—never experienced this before). I could not sense anything.

So, I see how tempting approval can be, how difficult it can be to resist. I, also, know how acrid that discarded feeling can be, that regret in pursuit of appreciation—even validation.

Thank you, voice for posting this in an attempt for awareness. I place this here so that maybe someone will read both and not make a similar mistake. We are the only us we can be in this life. Giving even a piece of it away to be told, “good, boy” is not what these lives we live are about. We have to hold on to our pieces, our selves, and make ourselves a niche in this world that makes it brighter for having us whole. Dimming our light, in anyway, is counter to this need and goal. And this world definitely needs its people whole.
When I am gone and all light is lost, you will see me again...

Loving Silent Voice

Unread post Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Helen - Oh, I won't tell anyone of your secret! hahaha! I am glad you like my post. And I definitely agree with everything what you just said. Thank you for your kindness towards me. :)

Owlscrying - Thank you.... This is Light and Dark, by the way! I love what you said, " the more you go outside yourself, the further away you are from your inner compass, that the purest of intuitive, is Always right" And I didn't know that you are a Native American! My great great grandmother was a Indian Cherokee. She passed away before I was born so I didn't get to meet her. I still have some indian in me because of my square face and my cheekbones. ;)

ShadowofLight - Wow! What a quite story you have there! I definitely agree that we should be careful with whom we are sharing with. I think it's so important that we have to pay attention especially to our intuitive voice and in our surroundings as well. I can see there's a difference between you and me is that I didn't live as a psychic for work like you did. And this is something that has never came across my mind and I also think I couldn't do it, either. My whole life was pretty much "normal" like everybody else. My whole life.... I have come to believe that there are answers out there. I look up to others for direction and answers. I was all about the rational mind. And I have been trying to figure things out on my own and they don't always work out. I have people that tells me that I should become a teacher, social worker, counselor, and so on. Guess what? I have this huge debt because of college and I don't even have a bachelor's degree, yet! But my intuitive voice told me "no" a long time ago and I didn't listen to it. I used to be a worship leader in church for two years. I was struggling on the inside and trying to understand why I felt like I wasn't in the "flow", or I could say it's more like "spiritual deadness". People told me that they can sense God's presence and they also told me that I was very good at what I can do and that it was very inspiring...that I am this inspiration figure to them... but for me, it was different. At first, I thought there was something wrong with me and I have been praying so hard about this feeling to go away!! I was too afraid to leave that position (worship leader) because I didn't want to disappoint people. But my intuitive voice told me "This is not you". In other words - this is something I shouldn't be doing and just because I have the ability to do something doesn't mean I should do it. So it got to the point where enough is enough (this feeling won't go away) and I just couldn't go on...so I spoke with the pastor and his wife about it and I have made my own decision not to do it anymore. I also left that church, too. Of course...they were disappointed and they also think that I should keep going.....man, I am telling you that they were quite convincing....but I chose not to do it. Sure, some may think I am being selfish for not doing this and some may think that God is still working on me and might will go back to being a worship leader to be more "bolder" ever than before. It was hard for them to believe that God would put me in that position then all the sudden, God told me to leave that position. And on top of that....someone would ask and say, "Are you sure that you are really following God's will for your life?" But I got to say that I have never felt so free and happier in my life when I made the right choice...for me. So I think we definitely got to have balance somewhere... and it's hard! Love your post, though! This is awareness for everybody including me! Thank you for sharing.... hugssss :)

Much Love and Light to all of you!!
Last edited by Loving Silent Voice on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 am, edited 23 times in total.

Andrea

Unread post Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Loving Silent Voice!!!!

I adore your mind, your heart, your spirit, your words and YOU!!!

This part is such good advice!!! This was something I did to help me learn about myself.

Writing it down!!
This is very important for everyone on their journey. You can write it down in your notebooks and reflecting back on your experiences....what happened when you didn't listen to your intuition? Remember what that intuitive feeling felt like? What I would suggest for those who are learning in the beginning is that you ask for help with the little things...like let's say you need to get to the mall, ask if this is a good idea. Build a trust with it. Let it prove itself to you. Just as you would do with any new relationship, take baby steps at first to get to know that voice within you. Having a notebook and keeping track like this will help you stay connected to that voice. It also helps you become conscious of just how much this inner voice is already working with you.
I will never stop being amazed by you, and I am glad you have popped back up to share with everyone. <3

keithdeakin

Unread post Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Silent...As a 70 year old uk resident and having been a ware of spirit and it/their influence all my life i agree with everything you have to say...I spent many years as president of my local spiritualist church and now spend my time teaching awareness classes to people seeking alignment. I see a lot of request for guidance on lives pathway and like you advocate if they learn to listen to their own inner self they would get much more understanding of how to proceed and overcome the barriers set before them.
The problem they face,as you quite rightly point out , is where do they get the guidance they need in order to understand and deal with their concerns i.e intuition teachings, sites such as ABT can help, but there needs to more local institutions/ churches for them to attend and hopefully,get the help and guidance they seek .
Lives pathway as it is laid out before each and everyone of us is,in my believe, there for us to learn lessons of life. No one has said this pathway will be easy but walk it we must and learn how to overcome the barriers laid in our way, how to decide which way we turn at a crossroad in life etc but we must make that choice.
People may think..that is easy to say and not easy to do..i agree..but at the end of the day we still have the choice..however with people such as yourself and your outlook/understanding perhaps it may make life a little easier for someone to understand.
kind regards.

Loving Silent Voice

Unread post Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 am

Andrea - Aw!! Hugs!!! Thank you!!!! You are amazing, too!!!!

keithdeakin - Wow. I didn't know that you used to be the president of your spiritualist church. It's such an honor to have you here!! I agree with everything what you said...Absolutely! what you just said, " where do they get guidance they need in order to understand and deal with their concerns and needs to have more local institutions/churches for them to attend so they can get help and guidance they seek." I have to say this is a problem because I live in USA and there aren't many spiritualist churches out there. That's why I didn't know about intuition and all of that. It would be nice to get help and have guidance.

Much love and light to both of you!!!

Samanthaj

Unread post Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:57 am

Big hugs Light/Lovingsilent

I love this post and it's a great reminder for us all... whenever we are lost (and even when not) there is always an inner voice which knows the best way forward
The inner voice /inner guide/ higher self / intuition has saved mine and others lives, so many times... looking back upon a few situations I remember how they turned out negatively due to me second-guessing that voice.

But the problem is that our rational mind need to learn to listen and allow that intuitive voice to speak. If we choose to work only with our rational mind, then we can see that things doesn't always work out like the way it should. For this reason, it really messes us up at times...especially when we choose not to listen to that intuitive voice. So the mind and intuition have to work together as a team. They would make a truly great team.

:thumbsup: Can you imagine all the good things that would happen if we all stopped to listen.. I can think of so many scenarios... You're right.. a huge problem is so many of us follow the rational mind or as you put it, we silence the inner voice whilst rational mind takes lead.

So I have a question.. how would you explain this to someone who is concerned that anxiety and intuition are conflicting? Such as in times where they have an inner pull that something isn't right.. yet they ignore it , fearing it's just anxiety?
Would appreciate insight on this , as i'm always asked ''How do I know if this is my intuition, and not just anxiety?''
I try and break it down but can never explain it very well. I usually tell them this- Anxiety is nearly always focused on the worst outcome . Intuition will never mislead but it doesn't shy away from revealing the negative either..
For those who are in tune with their intuition 24/7 , it's easy to know which is anxiety and which is intuition

How would you explain to someone who is new to this? and not as in-tune?

Just something for discussion , without going off topic :o)

Great topic and welcome back :thinktank:
Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

Loving Silent Voice

Unread post Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:42 am

Hello, Samanthaj!

I am so glad you asked that question because that's a very good question! I am happy to answer that question for you ;)

There are so many different voices inside of us and we really have to learn to discern which voice that is coming from. Emotions that we experience like fear, anger, sadness, anxiety, guilt and so on. All of these voices can mask what our intuitive voice is trying to say.

For example - You got so angry at your boss because he or she didn't give you a raise and you would think that your intuitive voice is telling you to quit and leave him or her high and dry, but that's anger speaking, not that intuitive voice.

So how can we know the difference? If you are hearing that voice that comes with an emotion then you will know that it is not your intuitive voice speaking. Intuition is a feeling without an emotion. When that intuitive voice speaks, no matter what it has to tell us. It's always calm and without emotion. Even when the information appears to be negative and if you can calm yourself down and really listen, you will sense the calmness in the voice and you will know that is your intuitive speaking. You have to ask yourself if this feeling comes with an emotion or not. Intuition doesn't have that sense of worry or dread. Anxiety does and it makes a connection with thoughts that we mistake as intuition. When intuition tells you something then after that, sometimes you might have thoughts or emotions that comes up but not as simultaneously as anxiety or fear does. I also wanted to tell you about fear and intuition because sometimes people mistake this feeling since fear and intuition are both located in the same place. It has a strong energy, sensation to it. Fear is like that sink feeling in the pit of your stomach that spreads quickly throughout your whole body while intuition does not. Intuition does not have any emotion attached to it and just simply gives you information.

We have to remember each one of those emotions and what they felt like. If someone is new to this...they can try to put their emotions in the notebook especially when it comes to their anxiety or any emotions. They have to describe each one of those emotions so they can know the difference between their emotions and intuition. This might will help them to recognize which voice they are listening to. The truth is that if they do this...they will understand more and more about their feelings as they walk through life experiences and paying attention to those feelings...those voices and able to recognize them. Then they will be able to discern which voice they are listening to

Sometimes when there are too many voices...too much pressure. We have to walk away from the situation for a moment and we need to calm ourselves. Ask the Universe...the Source...to clear you out of those voices and help you see what's best in whatever the situation you are in. Turn your focus from your head to your gut and ask whatever you want to ask ... you will get that feeling of inner knowing and it will always feel like the right thing to do.

Thank you for asking that question because this is something that many of us wanted to know about.

Hugssss Love and Light to you!!

Samanthaj wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:57 am
So I have a question.. how would you explain this to someone who is concerned that anxiety and intuition are conflicting? Such as in times where they have an inner pull that something isn't right.. yet they ignore it , fearing it's just anxiety?
Would appreciate insight on this , as i'm always asked ''How do I know if this is my intuition, and not just anxiety?''
I try and break it down but can never explain it very well. I usually tell them this- Anxiety is nearly always focused on the worst outcome . Intuition will never mislead but it doesn't shy away from revealing the negative either..
For those who are in tune with their intuition 24/7 , it's easy to know which is anxiety and which is intuition

How would you explain to someone who is new to this? and not as in-tune?

Just something for discussion , without going off topic :o)

Great topic and welcome back :thinktank: [/color]

Return to “Members Chit Chat”

• Information