Paranormal Psychic Chat & Forums

Community chat forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Join Us In Live Chat!!! Click Here

2019 update

An open board to say hello or chat about anything really!!

Moderators: Helen, Steve

Forum rules
If your topic of discussion is specific please look for a more relevant board before posting on our general 'Chit Chat' board, thank you.
Esteban

Unread post Wed May 29, 2019 11:59 pm

This is meant more for veteran members who remember when I joined this site nearly 4 years ago. Newer members don't have to feel left out, but things can get confusing if you are not familiar with my back story. There are older posts that can get you up to speed if you're that bored lol

Last year around this time I was working security part time while looking for a full time job. I earned my bachelor of science in mechanical engineering two months before I joined this site in 2015. It has been a long and frustrating exercise in patience. I have to continuously remind myself that earning my degree was not a waste of time. I have wanted to work as an engineer since childhood.

July of last year I experienced good fortune. I was hires at my current job as a machinist. I made it clear before even being hired that my ultimate goal was to work as an engineer. I was assured upon being offered employment that I would get an engineering position when one opened up. I was equal parts optimistic and skeptical.

Fast forward to today and I have yet to be offered a position. I was promoted to a Quality Control position with a raise in the meantime. However, I have been passed up twice by people outside the company for an engineering position. Since working here I have notice lots of favoritism and double standards. I have also noticed that much of what we were promised during new hire orientation.

Now I am looking harder than ever before for opportunities outside the company. If I get offered a position within the company, that would be great and I would gladly accept. However after witnessing the favoritism and being passed up twice, I'm not going to place all my eggs in this company's basket(not that I had plans to)

I'm keeping my hopes up but it's not easy. I hope a break comes soon because I earned it with the wait I have had to endure. Can you blame me for beginning to think I am cursed? Not sure who I pissed off to have such luck.

Comments and questions are not just welcomed, they're encouraged so I don't feel like I am talking to myself lol

Return to “Members Chit Chat”

• Information