Paranormal Psychic Forums

Psychic paranormal community Forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

What's your phobia?

An open board to say hello or chat about anything really!!

Forum rules
If your topic of discussion is specific please look for a more relevant board before posting on our general 'Chit Chat' board, thank you.
Steve
ABT Administrator

Unread post Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:44 am

We are all scared of something right?
Mine are pretty ordinary really I'm scared of heights, public speaking and claustrophobia (closed spaces) and being touched by strangers, mmm I suppose this is not so ordinary but then again maybe it is.

I'm curious what everyone else is frightened of. Tell us your phobias....the stranger the better :shocked:

Andrea

Unread post Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:40 am

Good question Steve... My loved ones suffering is my greatest fear.... Hands down no doubt probably my only fear at this stage in life... I look forward to the answers of others..

RedWolf

Unread post Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:27 am

Probably spiders, had a giant huntsmen on my wall once, I just left it for days, then I tried shooing it out of the house, was slightly longer than a pen though thicker of course, with quite prominent fur (lol fur: best I could come up with) leg span a few centimetres short of a dinner plate. Its not a bad, body paralysing fear just a cautious, icky type fear. If anything I definitely fear nuclear war or world war 3 as I know that it affects everyone and everything, I'll probably end up going for a fight again if I'm able to... a very short-lived fight.
'I walk the valley of darkness and I will fear no evil; the hotter the battle, the sweeter the victory.' J.M

spOOk99

Unread post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Being stuck in an elevator with Donald Trump......... :shocked: I have a lot of end of the world dreams, at night. That seems t be a going theme with me. I wish I had bought land in the country when I had a chance. Lived off the land like. Since I got mugged and someone broke in my apartment I don't sleep well, and I'm up all night checking locks! :boogy: Finding something in my food that doesn't belong there drives my nuts :hysterical: I guess that's it, it's enough, Jesh! :rolleyes:

Samanthaj

Unread post Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm

People walking behind me up stairs. Really unsettles me. If i'm going up stairs and someone is directly behind me, I have to stop and let them pass before me. It's very odd and never been able to understand why ~ I always guessed must be connected to past life experiences.. as I think irrational fears and phobias can sometimes be linked back to past lives (when you've ruled out the logical/rational.. such as traumatic experiences. :o)
Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

dream jo

Unread post Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 pm

hot all dau
fals teef so pls dnt lol th thrt of lokin it thm pikin thm up maks e deal sic it du\
spyders thy crempy cralys
mise wapy wen i saw my rip cat kil 1 todhr 1
eve sins junl book sneakes thy giv me hevei jeves thy do

sit of blood can mak e go cewzy ir can few tism iv awB IN TV IT HAD E BEAN SIC
:lol: :x :twisted: :evil: :roll: :mrgreen:

CelticRose

Unread post Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:31 pm

So many things to think about.... spiders would have been one in my youth until Henry came along...fear of heights....uneasiness on hearing helicopters would also be one... ....wooden or any kind of rope bridges particularly if wobbly... or if my dad is jumping purposely on the other end...also people dressed up costumes... another one..... had that since childhood too....not necessarily clowns but definitely similar... and sheer drops.... is the other one like at the Globe in London but that sorta ties in with the height factor, I think.... where ya seated but there's a sheer drop on the other side literally meters away from where you are.... oh and flying daleks, even though they are fictional..... :rolleyes: though I have to confess these are more bordering along the lines of irrational fears....as in not really sure why i'm afraid of them, but i am...
...can't think of anymore off the top of my head.. there is one sound i'm not too comfy with either and that's anyone coming up behind me on the footpath with heavy sounding shoes..... that clip clop along the way... not comfy with that sound particularly if they are fast paced either!! public speaking... yup not keen on that either... but i hear spirit can step in to help one with that if one is uneasy about being in the spotlight...with public speaking...although have never encountered that myself as of yet..

homebound
ABT Team

Unread post Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Open heights. If I'm high in an enclosed space, like on a plane, I am fine.

I didn't even know I had an irrational fear of open heights until I climbed some metal grid-like stairs, about 10 flights, to get to a church's bell tower. This was after about 10 flights of regular stairs. I was fine going up but coming back down I froze. There was nowhere I could look that didn't pull me forward off balance. If I looked straight ahead there were windows pulling me. If I looked down, there were 10 flights of stairs to go down that was open space pulling me. I was white knuckled holding onto the railing and feebly calling for my husband who was half a flight ahead of me. He didn't hear me and my voice was trembling. Finally, another guy saw me and told me husband I could use some help. He came back and so long as he stood right in front of me so I could focus on his back was I able to descend the stairs. Good thing it wasn't Samantha helping me down! LOL - we both would have been in trouble.

So, open heights, that's my only irrational fear that I know of. All my other fears are rational. lol
Let your weird little light shine so the other weirdos can find you.

Samanthaj

Unread post Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:48 am

homebound wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 pm
Open heights. If I'm high in an enclosed space, like on a plane, I am fine.

I didn't even know I had an irrational fear of open heights until I climbed some metal grid-like stairs, about 10 flights, to get to a church's bell tower. This was after about 10 flights of regular stairs. I was fine going up but coming back down I froze. There was nowhere I could look that didn't pull me forward off balance. If I looked straight ahead there were windows pulling me. If I looked down, there were 10 flights of stairs to go down that was open space pulling me. I was white knuckled holding onto the railing and feebly calling for my husband who was half a flight ahead of me. He didn't hear me and my voice was trembling. Finally, another guy saw me and told me husband I could use some help. He came back and so long as he stood right in front of me so I could focus on his back was I able to descend the stairs. Good thing it wasn't Samantha helping me down! LOL - we both would have been in trouble.

So, open heights, that's my only irrational fear that I know of. All my other fears are rational. lol
:grin: Oh home... that would've been a bit of a problem
Reminds me of the Sagrada Familia building in Spain. That thing has stairs going up so high I felt faint looking at it. I understand going up isn't the problem it's back down again. The spiral staircase in the familia has no rail and is spiral so as you can imagine... we'd not do well at all
...I'll pass

Lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

Steve
ABT Administrator

Unread post Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:01 am

Being stuck in an elevator with Donald Trump
That's funny :grin:

Return to “Members Chit Chat”

• Information