Paranormal Psychic Chat & Forums

Community chat forums for like minded individuals who wish to connect, chat and share.

Join Us In Live Chat!!! Click Here

Help Improve Chat

Need a little help with the website?
Important: Chat Register Agreement, Chat Guidelines

Moderators: Steve, Helen

Forum rules
Please post all your support related issues here first before contacting me direct as the solution to your problem could help other ABT members.
Steve
ABT Administrator

Unread post Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Day_Man,
I'll address your post on a point by point basis.

a) I have no recollection of receiving a complaint from yourself (Day_Man) concerning the abuse of power with any mod.
if you would like to send me the complaint, send through the contact page please. The complaint needs to be a copy of the actual text being used anything else is just hearsay.

b} If you feel the rules are a bit over the top please post on this thread which parts of the rules you have a problem with.

c) I can assure you there has been individuals that have entered our chatroom under the age of 18 and the only way we actually found this to be true is with the combined help of our moderators and vigilant members. Just because 'it appears' that none of our members are under 18 it isn't always the case. Plus I would guess that you don't spend all your time in chat.

d) Unfortunately we have automated software to try and stop swearing in chat. I personally don't mind the odd swear word said in context, but some members swear too much and not all members are appreciative of the amount of swearing as we cater for all ages and creeds. Swearing for the most part in vocal communication can be quite automatic and habit bound in a way. I understand this. Typed text is different as its a deliberate action so is not necessary and not appreciated in most situations. We also suffer from trolls as do most websites hence this is the main reason why we have the software in place.

e) I agree with you 100%, I also hate dictatorships I can't speak for everyone otherwise that would make me a dictator.

f) We are going through some changes with chat... I know it needs to improve hence why I created this thread and I have asked for members replies... so thank you for your reply. We are working on it. We have a number of hurdles we have to overcome and it's quite complex, So, please bare with us. There are new mods who are ready to come on board but I have delayed this because i want to make sure I have covered all the bases first as I don't want to be upsetting anyone unduly.

Sun92

Unread post Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:34 am

Hi, First I must say this, This is an awesome community! I noticed little thing and I think that will help to improve chat. I noticed that some chat rooms are not active always. If mods able move members to right room that will be great!

Thank you.

CelticRose

Unread post Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:35 pm

I too like the idea of moving members. I think the fly chat room is definitely working, though. Its much more easier to navigate than the old addon chat room and less buggy than the addon too. The atmosphere in chat is definitely a good ambience and vibe in there at the moment.

I too would be more than happy to help out with modding should you need further help on that as well as guiding sessions. I also like to outlet the support of using the rest of the rooms for extra sessions on the side to help mentor or guide others perhaps we could do that also should someone come in to need the extra support. Might be a good thing. Just saying and observing. Other than that, no further comments from here as far as I'm aware. Would let you know if there was anything else needing to be addressed. Kudos x

Aileni

Unread post Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Some suggestions from members:

1. An interview or test instead of needing a mod to read for people who are fully developed readers that have been reading for years before joining this site.
2. Private password protected room for private reads, like the one we had on old chat.
3. Chat should be used for supporting, is there a way to have mod free readings?
Rise again, Aileni.

CelticRose

Unread post Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:11 am

Some good ideas also there Crimson & Members. These too should be taken into consideration in my opinion!

Krabulonn

Unread post Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 am

Hi, So . . . I have a good way to improve chat. If someone comes in saying they are hearing voices or something along those lines . . . and someone tells them an internal dialogue is normal and if that's happening its important to become very familiar with ur internal dialogue if that's happening. . . so u don't get confused. . . . then u have someone whose immediate go to is clair audience . . . and another person whose first go to is fairies . . . and I say that's ridiculous there are no fairies and if someone is hearing voices they need to approach it logically first. and ur the reason why ppl thing everyone who believes in paranormal stuff is insane. why am I getting banned. seems more harmful for someone to state the fairy opinion if someone is actually hearing voices . . . then for me to tell them that's bs and ridiculous . THE FARIES THAT IS . so now im banned again which is pretty ridiculous considering …. cuz that's what literally happened.... welp banned again for no reason. . .

Krabulonn

Unread post Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 am

I mean come on if someone is allowed to voice the opinion of faries as a first go to ground I should be able to tell them there are no faries nd even if there were faries it would still be a ridiculous first go to place ...

Krabulonn

Unread post Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:31 am

u realize that in a bad situation that's a potential law suit especially if u have a mod present that someones skitsofrenik child came in here talking about voices and was told it was faries and faries are powerful magical creatures and now instead of separating the 2 voices whatever is going on is now they listen to the magical faries. I mean … or even if the person isn't skitso to tell them something so ridiculous instead of being familiar with their own internal dialogue voice first … why am I being punished with the entire situation taken into account.

Krabulonn

Unread post Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 am

sigh there just seems to be some huge judgement lapses when it comes to context and rules interpretation of them and whats acceptable.

Krabulonn

Unread post Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:46 am

I think if one of u were there u might have told me something like don't abbreviate the f word by saying fk we still know what it means . . . but … im sure not ban me cuz that's the story.

Return to “Members Support, News & Updates”

• Information